Changes at CORUS Vancouver

Radio News from British Columbia

Changes at CORUS Vancouver

Postby Tom Jeffries » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:39 pm

From FB:

More changes.

Neil O'Brien:

Today I was let go by Corus Vancouver in an restructuring effort. I will miss my @AM730Traffic family. It was a helluva ride! Keep in touch!
Tom Jeffries
Advanced Member

Re: Changes at CORUS Vancouver

Postby kal » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:45 pm

Terrific radio voice, very good on the traffic beat. What is being restructured, besides the bottom line?
kal
Advanced Member

Postby groundskeeper willy » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:02 pm

Worked with Neil years ago, great guy, it was always a blast being on the same shift with him. Just one of those people who can change the mood of a room for the better simply by walking into it.
groundskeeper willy
Advanced Member

Postby Tom Jeffries » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:14 pm

Neil was always a pleasure. We have seen too many many people get blown out.
Tom Jeffries
Advanced Member

Re: More Corus restructuring at The Black Tower

Postby Jim Walters » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:21 pm

I ran into a couple of friends from the TD Tower today and they mentioned Ian Power and his producer were also shown the door yesterday stemming from the publicized botched interview last week.

The talent pool at NW is getting pretty shallow.

I was quite shocked the other day to hear Simi Sara admit to the newsperson she was talking about news with that she didn't bother to watch Sunday night's debate, she'd rather just watch the highlights
later on. Brilliant attitude for one of the key hosts on a station that is promoting itself as your source for everything related to the US election. Maybe it's time to toss her ass out of the Tower and hire
a credible journalist that might add something to a news talk station. KInd of reminds me of former sports guy Neil McCrae who never went to a game but had plenty to say about it.
Jim Walters
Advanced Member

Postby ModeOne » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:03 pm

I was quite shocked the other day to hear Simi Sara admit to the newsperson she was talking about news with that she didn't bother to watch Sunday night's debate, she'd rather just watch the highlights
later on. Brilliant attitude for one of the key hosts on a station that is promoting itself as your source for everything related to the US election. Maybe it's time to toss her ass out of the Tower and hire
a credible journalist that might add something to a news talk station. KInd of reminds me of former sports guy Neil McCrae who never went to a game but had plenty to say about it.
Jim Walters Advanced Member Posts: 99Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:40 pm

About time she got the tap on the shoulder... A light weight who's more at home blabbing with that air head Claire Newell everyday than having some serious adult give and take about current events. Midday fluff radio at it's best. Pretty sad...
ModeOne

Re: More Corus restructuring at The Black Tower

Postby Doug » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:38 pm

Jim Walters wrote:I ran into a couple of friends from the TD Tower today and they mentioned Ian Power and his producer were also shown the door yesterday stemming from the publicized botched interview last week.

The talent pool at NW is getting pretty shallow.

I remember you guys referring to Corus operating in a "black tower" on "Ash Street" in Vancouver. You referred to that as the "TD Tower" this time - is that the same black TD Tower that's on Georgia and, I think, Howe Streets? If so, then I've actually seen the building. </random>

Cheers,
Doug
Doug
Advanced Member

Return to British Columbia