Ladies of Radio!

Radio News from British Columbia

Postby pamstevens » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:52 pm

I would like to invite you to be "Ladies who Lunch" Saturday July 29th at the Shark Club on Lougheed in Burnaby between 11:30 and 1:30.

I'm doing the Weekend to End Breast Cancer again this year and need to do some fundraising. So - everyone is invited - BCIT students I have yet to meet - all the great ladies I've had the pleasure of working with over the years - and everyone in between. Please feel free to pass along the invite.

A $20 ticket gets you a burger (beef, chicken or veggie) and a beverage (beer, wine or highball). It also gets your name in the draw for some fabulous prizes that I am busily gathering. PLUS - we have a section that is open to children!! Can't find a sitter? Bring 'em along!!

The best part is, all proceeds from the day will benefit the BC Cancer Foundation.

Guys that are still reading because I might say 'breast' again, well you are welcome to make a donation if the cause has caught your attention....please consider visiting my webpage for the walk at http://www.endcancer.ca/site/TR?px=1149835...onal&fr_id=1110

I really look forward to a chance to visit with you, but I do understand how busy summer can get.

Cheers,

Pam Stevens
96.9 Jack FM

For ticket info: pam.stevens@rci.rogers.com
pamstevens
Advanced Member

Postby Glen Livingstone » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:57 pm

Welcome to radiowest Pam.

Good luck with your fundraiser - it's always nice to help spread the word about a good cause!
Glen Livingstone
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:36 pm

In case you missed this when Pam first posted, here's a reminder. This Saturday is the day!
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby pamstevens » Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:55 pm

Also - since the size of our party is really quite manageable (20ish) I thought I would lose the burger and beer idea, have you order whatever your heart desires, and then I'll make my money by hitting you up for draw prize tickets!!

I have manicures, pedicures, massages, wine and chocolate all to be won.

Anytime after 11:30 on Saturday - it would be great to see you!

Pam
pamstevens
Advanced Member

Postby johnsykes » Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:57 pm

Pam...seeing as my daughter walkedin the 24-hour Cancer Relay two or three weeks ago, for a very good reason....would $20 help you out? please email me for your addy
jsykes@shaw.ca

Hope it helps.

John Sykes
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:13 pm

Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:45 pm

hey pam - what happened at lunch - any pictures?

"It was so much fun. - First, we were all drinking champagne and giggling. Then we had a tickle fight in our panties. lol

It was okay.

Sarah Daniels, Crystal Darche (JRFM), Susan Sierra,
Joanne Sutton, Jennifer Thomson, Sabrina Delray, Olga from JR promotions, Joanna Mileos, Tammy Moyer....

I think that was it. No idea of how much was raised"
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby yada » Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:19 pm

Great to see people - some I had never met! :)
yada

Postby Jack Bennest » Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:36 pm

did you know susan sierra?
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby yada » Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:12 pm

Yessss....why? :huh:
yada

Postby Jack Bennest » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:15 pm

yada on SS - she is related to my brother's wife
don't think she is a blood brother
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby susansierra » Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:13 am

hmmm, how would someone like me be a blood "brother" exactly? Anyway...I am your brother's wife's sister...your sister in law's sister, your brother's brother's wife's sister's sister. Your nephews are my nephews...

B)
susansierra

Postby butch » Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:45 pm

Thank God the dog is that close to you Susan - he could have been a distant relative or maybe even someone you wouldn't be bothered with at any cost.
butch
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:07 pm

If I had a relative whose last name was Dog, I'd very quickly move to no fixed address and get an unlisted number.

Susan is braver than I.
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:54 pm

To be fair to SS - she is a relative by marriage. The choice of my brother to marry her sister was based on a 'match made in heaven' but is not related to Susan or me.

SS was in broadcasting when I first met her, I was not. I was a faded B star.

She is a shining light in the new world of radio where if you have a job - great.

Hang on. It is however interesting all the connections to broadcasting. I was talking to Frosty just recently and his sister was teaching with my youngest brother.

The world spins in wondrous ways. Someone asked me at work today about some of my silly career choices.

My answer - each one of those silly decisions has landed me in a space to learn and grow as a human being. Would not give that up for anything.

Oops, I am regressing again. Welcome to the board Susan - its a sunny day - lol
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Next

Return to British Columbia