CKNW Global News time is now 5:06

Radio News from British Columbia

CKNW Global News time is now 5:06

Postby PicturesForYourEars » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:11 am

So said the news reader just right now on the midnight newscast on CKNW.
Then she said "I'm Robyn Crawford".
I hope she at least got her own name right.
It's so sad ...the kids out of broadcasting school these days are SO inexperienced (they're not even old enough to know how to tell time)!
...LEFT PLACES I SHOULDA STAYED,
STAYED PLACES I SHOULDA LEFT...
PicturesForYourEars
Advanced Member

Re: CKNW Global News time is now 5:06

Postby Jim Walters » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:41 pm

PicturesForYourEars wrote:So said the news reader just right now on the midnight newscast on CKNW.
Then she said "I'm Robyn Crawford".
I hope she at least got her own name right.
It's so sad ...the kids out of broadcasting school these days are SO inexperienced (they're not even old enough to know how to tell time)!

Wednesday night on the 10PM news that same news reader invented a word that I've never heard and will likely never hear again. In the lead story about Vancouver Mayor Robertson no seeking re-election, she quoted an SFU professor having said "With so few incubets running, the city would look". Perhaps the word she was looking for was "incumbents".

Look that up in your Funk & Wagnals.

Listening to NW these days is more entertaining than being on a road trip listening to small town radio throughout Western Canada in the 1970s and 1980s.
Jim Walters
Advanced Member

Re: CKNW Global News time is now 5:06

Postby kal » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:28 pm

I heard these as well. I do think it's better to leave out the news reader's name. By all means leave enough clues for insiders to identify the reader but these sorts of posts tend to live on forever.
kal
Advanced Member

Return to British Columbia