Ugly Day at Rogers Vancouver

Radio News from British Columbia

Ugly Day at Rogers Vancouver

Postby Howaboutthat » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:16 pm

Rogers Vancouver ended, or at least put a temporary halt to the careers of many people today. Gone from News 1130 are long-timers Jim Bennie, Bruce Claggett and Russ Lacate. Also gone are web editor Mike Hall and anchor/producer Toby Kerr.

Also gone is the Jack-FM morning show and the entire BT Vancouver Show on CITY TV.
Houston, We're dealing with morons!.
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Re: Ugly Day at Rogers Vancouver

Postby Aaron » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:24 pm

It's the whole country, and it's really big.
Aaron
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:11 pm

The JACK Morning team consisted of Jeff Brown, Charis Hogg and Paul Brown. They had been together at 96.9 since August 2018.

In Calgary, the entire BT team was released from CITY TV. No word yet on radio cuts in Edmonton or Calgary.
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby cart_machine » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:26 pm

Hi, all.
It's been 2 1/2 days and I'm still getting notes from former co-workers and even people in the industry I've never met.
I don't think I've ever been so touched than by the complimentary comments everyone has made. I honestly don't see myself as being much of what they see in me.
45 years in the radio business is a long time. Things have changed in many ways, but there are still good people in it. Some of the young people today are smart and intuitive and I can't speak of them highly enough.
I had 16 years working the same shift and 23 1/2 years at the same place. How some of my co-hosts put up with me, I don't know.
Plenty of crazy and funny things have happened over the course of my career. I could write a book and no one would believe any of it, except for radio people because anyone in the business for any period of time has similar tales.
I'll miss being on the air because that what I've wanted to do since I was kid.
My thanks to radiofan for this forum. It's been 43 years since we worked together. I lasted six weeks at CJJC. I did better this time.

Jim
cart_machine
Advanced Member

Postby RadioDon11 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:52 am

Jim will get this, as we were co workers on Ash Street....

\m/

...and I still have all those rock shirts...

Donny
RadioDon11
Advanced Member

Return to British Columbia