Ted Field moves to TV

Radio News from British Columbia

Postby Heard It On The X » Wed May 17, 2006 3:42 pm

Former NW beat reporter turned BCIT instructor Ted Field has made the move to Global BC according to sources inside the Black Tower (and I admit there aren't many of them left these days). Word is the suits at Enterprise had some money to throw around, since a significant amount of payroll was freed up by the recent retirement of veteran reporter Harvey Oberfeld.
Heard It On The X
Advanced Member

Postby Glen Livingstone » Wed May 17, 2006 5:46 pm

Ted will do fine making the transistion from radio to television.

Good for him for getting out of the Black Tower of doom before the idiots running the place got rid of him like they've gotten rid of so many others since 1999.

I would guess that by now, the news people that remain are probably getting paid by the hour.

In two years time I think Tom and Ian will be the only ones left in that cursed mausoleum.
Glen Livingstone
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Wed May 17, 2006 6:01 pm

Congratulations to Ted on the "promotion"!

The way bodies have been flung out of the newsroom in the past 6 months, I was hoping Ted would find someplace a little more stable to call a workplace.

Ted along with fellow BCIT'er and former NW newsie George Orr did a great job of Civic Election coverage on Shaw TV back in the fall.
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby Stn Brk » Wed May 17, 2006 7:28 pm

Wondered what had ever happened to Ted Field. Hope he just uses Global to get some tv experience and then jumps to CTV.
Stn Brk
Advanced Member

Postby johnsykes » Thu May 18, 2006 11:10 am

I would have to ask Ted Field if I was responsible for him getting into the radio biz. If he said yes, he would be so gracious.
You see, my family lived on Perreault Street in Rosemere, just north of Montreal. Ted's family lived right next door to us. His brother is a long-time rep for Spalding Golf in the Lower Mainland. My parents were great friends with theirs. Ted's Dad passed on many years ago, as did mine.....Mrs. Field lived in Crescent Beach...I know not how she is faring these days...it's been some time since I spoke to Ted or his brother.
I am delighted Ted has gone to where he would be greatly appreciated....by management and viewers alike. He's one damned good newsman, and a class person to boot. Way to go Teddie!!!
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Return to British Columbia