Weather Wisdom from VYR

Radio News from British Columbia

Postby butch » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:29 pm

kat - You are being judged as to what you don't say. Attacking people on this board is not what I thought radiowest.ca was about.

If you have something to say that is based on facts not idle 'slime smearing' please cough up the information.

Taking the odd shot is fun and can be entertaining but obviously your motivation is to use this opportunity to be vicious and demeaning.

If it continues I will assume you have the full support of the administration of the board.
butch
Advanced Member

Postby johnsykes » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:42 pm

And, as far as attacking....all you have to look at is the smear Tottie throws my way every time he posts.....so long as he spells my name correctly....I have no trouble with that
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Postby TheDude » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:14 pm

Ogopogo wrote:If it continues I will assume you have the full support of the administration of the board.

I'm not entirely sure what you're suggesting there... but I don't think I like it. You can dislike what Kat says all you like -- that doesn't mean she doesn't have the right to say it... and it sure as hell doesn't mean the administrators here have to delete/censor it like those idiots on the 'other' local radio message board.
TheDude
Advanced Member

Postby johnsykes » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:19 pm

I don't know what some are getting at...Radiofan is a damned good boss...he lets people have their say. So what's the problem?

Getting back to the thread here......Phil Reimer was a smooth operator.....but he was NOT a weatherman, nor is Wayne Cox....they were (are) personalities who are handed a description of what the weather is and going to be. Plain and simple. Mark Madryga is a pure and simple weatherman....he knows how to predict and also has a personality to boot, I'd hire him in a minute for a radio or TV station. Also the guy with WX and the Rogers stations...again, top notch...it's about time all the outlets got with it and signed up people who knew what they were doing.
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Postby cart_machine » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:17 pm

johnsykes wrote:I don't know what some are getting at...Radiofan is a damned good boss...he lets people have their say.  So what's the problem?

John, to me, if this becomes a flame board, I will sign off. My time's too valuable to waste on crap.

johnsykes wrote:Getting back to the thread here......Phil Reimer was a smooth operator.....but he was NOT a weatherman, nor is Wayne Cox....they were (are) personalities who are handed a description of what the weather is  and going to be.  Plain and simple.

But, isn't that all people want .. served up in an entertaining manner?

Norm Grohman was a disk jockey. But he was the number 1 weatherman in the city for years. Viewers didn't think "Gee, I'm not going to watch him. He doesn't have John Paschold's background."

(otoh, I'm happy John didn't try to do Andr? LePuck ;) )

I have no problem with Phil Reimer and the way he interacted with Frosty. People got the weather. They got some humour. I can just imagine Phil rolling his eyes before he picks up the phone to do bits now.

And I'm not going to criticize Wayne. After all, he says I'm his favourite! :)

cArtie
cart_machine
Advanced Member

Postby kat » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:34 am

Sorry Dog, I didn't mean to offend you. I started out by asking you to provide some additional information on a thread that you started. In reply, you came back and made some remark about a litter box. I replied with what I thought (mistakenly, it turns out) was a humorous response regarding a comment you made about your credentials which you followed up by posting your un-asked for CV in answer to another poster's comments. Ogopogo (are you & Top Dog one in the same? I'm confused) then accuses me of 'attacking people on this board' and 'slime smearing' and being 'vicious and demeaning.' You seem to be reading a lot more into this than was intended, but you know what? From now on, you and Ogopogo say anything you want on this board at any time completely unchallenged (At least by me). I promise you that I will never again dare to question your authority.
Hope that works for you.
The world has two kinds of people. Cat people and idiots.
kat
Advanced Member

Postby Cliff Bashly Kinkade » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:44 am

BURN HER! BURN HER! She's clearly a witch if she's figured out that TD and the Ogo are the same.

LMAO! Please keep going Kat - you got style!
nudeswithviews.com / where right is never wrong
Cliff Bashly Kinkade
Advanced Member

Previous

Return to British Columbia