NW wins 2 out of 3 spots!

Radio News from British Columbia

Postby radiofan » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:26 am

Georgia Straight "Best Of Vancouver" September 21 Issue

Annoying radio-talk-show host

?Anyone who uses the term ?Vancity?. That?s so lame;? ?She isn?t a ?talk-show host?, but Barbara Bean?s voice [on the Beat 94.5] makes me want to shove rusty nails into my eyeballs just to feel something less painful than listening to her voice?but I?m sure she?s a really nice person.?

1. Charles Adler/CKNW 980

2. Dr. Laura Schlessinger/CFUN 1410

3. Bill Good/CKNW 980

"Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad" - Meatloaf 1978

The Georgia Straight
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby Glen Livingstone » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:37 am

Heartiest congratulations to Bill Good and Charles Adler on the awards, but why no Philip Till?

And while we're on the subject, did Philip ever manage to give away those tickets to The Who on his show this morning?

I think he put them on offer just after 6am but was still desperately trying to flog them after 8.

As far as I know, there were no takers.

Either no one is interested in attending a concert by Pete Townshend (a self-described old woman who suffers from tinnitus) and a doddering Roger Daltry accompanied by for-hire musicians; or the pensioners with their dials permanently stuck on 980 don't know who The Who is, or was.

Perhaps one of Philip's young interns could take the tickets home and give them to their grandparents?
Glen Livingstone
Advanced Member

Postby tuned » Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:20 am

"Who" tickets on NW? Isn't Pat Boone still touring? Another success story for the Dead Dog.
tuned
Advanced Member

Postby johnsykes » Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:54 pm

Just thought I'd ask this....seeing as some of you are so down on Charles Adler....who actually is a good talk-show host? And include the sports stations too if you wish....but please exclude Dave Pratt unless he cedes his so-called big-daddy personna. There are or were only two big-daddies in Canadian radio......Dave McCormick and Bob Ancell. Three's a crowd.....and Pratt aint even close.
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Postby Neumann Sennheiser » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:46 pm

Also from the Georgia Straight "Best of" :

Morning radio DJ(s)

?Picking best morning DJ in Vancouver is like choosing the best crap at the dog park.?

:lol: Ahhhh scatological humor; comedy at it's purest form.
"You don't know man! I was in radio man! I've seen things you wouldn't believe!"
Neumann Sennheiser
Advanced Member

Return to British Columbia