podcasting

Radio News from British Columbia

Postby buzzbishop » Sat May 20, 2006 5:34 pm

the internet - the evil scourge of traditional broadcasters as people are finding more of what they like online.

its not just downloading tunes that's draining listeners from music radio, podcasts are drawing people away from talk. a lot of these podcasts used to be done by dolts sitting around a computer, now everyone from rick steves to tsn to ricky gervais and the cbc are cranking out quality 'casts to rival radio.

i think my pal roger kingkade and i have done just the same. it's called twine - this week in news and entertainment. it's what we wish talk radio was - opinion, energy and pop culture to go with the politics.

have a peek at http://www.twine.typepad.com
buzzbishop
Advanced Member

Postby DJ Specs » Sat May 20, 2006 11:49 pm

Ya, I agree if Talk Radio was like your show, it would be an honest blast!
What a sly guy... Radio Vibes..
DJ Specs
Advanced Member

Postby Stn Brk » Mon May 22, 2006 10:32 am

Have to say anything would be better than what's on AM radio these days. The FM receiver in my car has packed it in, so I'm condemned to listening to AM. So far this weekend, I've been subjected to the same health product infomercial on several different stations (NW, CFUN). And a crap talk show on motorsports (MOJO). And a discussion with two Russian immigrants now writing books about life in the U.S. I mean who cares? (CBC) Dead boomer music. (CISL) Only dead performers allowed music. (AM600) It's a wasteland! Finally ended up listening to the Indo-Canadian dance station down the end of the dial. Don't understand what they're saying, but at least they sound alive.
Stn Brk
Advanced Member

Postby Cliff Bashly Kinkade » Fri May 26, 2006 12:34 pm

Yea so I took a listen, and while the concept was interesting enough, I have to say that the level of discourse had all the intrigue of pro wrestling. Right wing guy says something of little effect regarding a much talked about pop culture reference point; left wing guy raises his voice an octave and responds with a rhetorical.

Great start, based on what passes for debate in the real world, but have the balls to really push it. I mean really, under this model you only have to answer to yourselves.
nudeswithviews.com / where right is never wrong
Cliff Bashly Kinkade
Advanced Member

Return to British Columbia