AM-730 : From Traffic To Cribbage !

Radio News from British Columbia

Postby TransistorSister » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:57 pm

AM730 CONTINUOUS ALL DAY TRAFFIC RUNNING LOW ON ADJECTIVES, NOUNS

AM730 Abandons its search for descriptive words to explain Insane Format

(October 10, 2006 - Vancouver, Canada) AM730 Continuous All Day Traffic announced today that it has given up combing the thesaurus looking for words to bamboozle the needs of Vancouver commuters. Responding to absolutely no demand from the Lower Mainland, the unneeded traffic reports will be replaced with coverage of Royal Canadian Legion cribbage tournaments. This essential service moves to an all-day format, with continuous cribbage reports airing from 6 a.m. to 7.30 p.m. Monday through Friday, beginning Tuesday, October 10 at 6 a.m.

?AM730 is the only dedicated cribbage format in Canada, uniquely positioning us to make a real difference in our listeners? daily lives,? said J.J. Jonestown, General Manager, Corus Radio Vancouver. ?New all-day cribbage is both convenient and time-saving for busy listeners who don?t have time to wait for results on the 15-2?s, 15-4?s, etc. We?re serving them all the time, so they never have to wait for another cribbage report again.?

AM730 Continuous All Day Cribbage also provides superior up-to-the-minute cribbage reports to step-sister stations CKNW, 99.3 The FIX and Classic Crock 101 from the AM730 Cribbage Chopper, the AM730 Super Bug and the AM730 Cribbage Centre.

AM730 Continuous All Day Cribbage (CHMJ-AM) is Vancouver?s cribbage station, providing the Vancouver area with comprehensive cribbage coverage and play-by-play coverage of the Vancouver Nightcaps, Vancouver Jokers and Seattle Chickenpox. Tune in to AM730 at 730 AM and listen online at http://www.am730cribbage.com.

Corus Radio Vancouver, AM730 Continuous All Day Cribbage, CKNW, 99.3 the FIX and Classic Crock 101 are owned by Corus Entertainment, a Canadian-based medium entertainment company. Corus is a market leader in specialty impaired-vision and radiation with additional assets in pay microwaving, bungee-jumping and digital finger services, cellular regeneration, Shriners' book publishing and corpse re-animation. The company?s multimedia entertainment brands include WHY-TV?, Treefrog, X Network, Movie Dumpster, Evana, Kids Ban Press and radio stations including CKNW, CKOI and Q107. Corus creates useless, substandard branded entertainment experiences for its audiences across multiple rundown platforms. A publicly laughed at company, Corus is listed on the Toronto (CJR) and New York (CJR) exchanges. Experience Corus on the web at http://www.corussucks.com.

-30-

For further information:

Ian Eggnogsbest

Program Director

AM730 Continuous All Day Cribbage

Corus Radio Vancouver

604-OLD-SMELL

ian.eggnogsbest@corusent.com
TransistorSister
Advanced Member

Postby cart_machine » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:17 pm

TransistorSister wrote: AM730 CONTINUOUS ALL DAY TRAFFIC RUNNING LOW ON ADJECTIVES, NOUNS

AM730 Abandons its search for descriptive words to explain Insane Format

(October 10, 2006 - Vancouver, Canada) AM730 Continuous All Day Traffic announced today that it has given up combing the thesaurus looking for words to bamboozle the needs of Vancouver commuters. Responding to absolutely no demand from the Lower Mainland, the unneeded traffic reports will be replaced with coverage of Royal Canadian Legion cribbage tournaments. This essential service moves to an all-day format, with continuous cribbage reports airing from 6 a.m. to 7.30 p.m. Monday through Friday, beginning Tuesday, October 10 at 6 a.m.

<snip>

At first, I didn't realise Sister was parodying an actual Corus release. It's even funnier now.

Expanding all-day traffic to get better than .1? As they say in cribbage, 19.

cArtie.
cart_machine
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:15 am

Now I know why we will win in the end.

Thank you sis - that is the best belly laff I have had in weeks.

When you laff so much you can't see the screen.

My mother said it best: wicked!
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby glaherty » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:06 am

If I were them, and this is my honest opinion, I wouldn't say another word
publicly about AM 730. No memos, no press releases, nothing. Radio and
media silence, until they have something truly positive to build on. By truly
positive, I don't mean sad attempts at spin doctoring.
Demand. :rolleyes:
glaherty
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:34 pm

glaherty wrote: If I were them, and this is my honest opinion, I wouldn't say another word
publicly about AM 730. No memos, no press releases, nothing. Radio and
media silence, until they have something truly positive to build on. By truly
positive, I don't mean sad attempts at spin doctoring.
Demand. :rolleyes:

In other words ... you'd either shut the mother down, or sell it. ;)
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby Stn Brk » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:51 pm

Cribbage is too high brow for Joe Six-Pack. More likely the Corus brain trust will reformat AM-730 to an all 'Pull my Finger, Dude' station!
Stn Brk
Advanced Member

Postby sparky » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:10 pm

Transistor Sister Rocks!
"You get a bunch of clowns together and sooner or later you've got a circus"
sparky
Advanced Member

Return to British Columbia