AM730 tweaks "format"

Radio News from British Columbia

Postby tuned » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:09 am

Looks like the braintrust at Corus has decided to ditch the repeats of NW programming on 730. Now it's all traffic all the time. I can hardly wait for the press release.
tuned
Advanced Member

Postby johnsykes » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:44 am

anyone care to join me in predicting a radical format change at 730 within the next month?
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Postby sparky » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:08 pm

tuned - Transistor Sister's version of the AM 730 memo makes much more sense than the original.

If I still had a copy of Sir Koenigsfest's memo, I'd post it.

Unfortunately it's gone.

John - I doubt there will be a radical change anytime soon. All Christmas could be an option, but they wouldn't think of doing that until after Boxing Day.

Trust me, we're not dealing with the sharpest knives in the drawer.
"You get a bunch of clowns together and sooner or later you've got a circus"
sparky
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:40 am

(October 10, 2006 - Vancouver, Canada)

AM730 Continuous All Day Traffic announced today that it is extending its traffic coverage to better serve the needs of Vancouver commuters. Responding to demand from the Lower Mainland, this essential service moves to an all-day format, with continuous traffic reports airing from 6 a.m. to 7.30 p.m. Monday through Friday, beginning Tuesday, October 10 at 6 a.m.

?AM730 is the only dedicated traffic format in Canada, uniquely positioning us to make a real difference in our listeners? daily lives,? said JJ Johnston, General Manager, Corus Radio Vancouver. ?New all-day traffic is both convenient and time-saving for busy listeners who don?t have time to wait for traffic on the 1?s, 5?s, etc. We?re serving them all the time, so they never have to wait for another traffic report again.?

AM730 Continuous All Day Traffic also provides superior up-to-the-minute traffic reports to sister stations CKNW, 99.3 The FOX and Classic Rock 101 from the AM730 Traffic Chopper, the AM730 Super Commuter and the AM730 Traffic Centre.

AM730 Continuous All Day Traffic (CHMJ-AM) is Vancouver?s traffic station, providing the Vancouver area with comprehensive traffic coverage and play-by-play coverage of the Vancouver Whitecaps, Vancouver Giants and Seattle Seahawks. Tune in to AM730 at 730 AM and listen online at http://www.am730traffic.com.

Corus Radio Vancouver, AM730 Continuous All Day, CKNW, 99.3 the Fox and Classic Rock 101 are owned by Corus Entertainment, a Canadian-based media and entertainment company. Corus is a market leader in specialty television and radio with additional ass..

Ian Koenigsfest

Program Director

AM730 Continuous All Day Traffic

Corus Radio Vancouver

604-331-2790

ian.koenigsfest@corusent.com
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby johnsykes » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:20 pm

Now I'm trying to remember all of this....Corus is a specialty leader in television and radio with additional ass? did I quote that correctly????? So, who is the ass? methinks it's I.K. or T.P. or....................
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Return to British Columbia