Too young, too soon

Radio News from British Columbia

Postby interiormotive » Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:57 pm

Heard a guy on a local radio station (Vancouver) call the premier 'Gordon CAMP-Bell. Not once but four times in his bit about the premier. The best part about it was after his news story, he veered off into his own little opinion about our premier, and well editorializing, botched the name AGAIN. Made for rookie radio, sounded even worse. Called a friend at the station, the kid is 24. Anchoring in a major market during the daytime, at 24. And trust me, he wasn't the second coming to deserve the push.
I hear news in particular, not the music side of things, but the newsies really sounding of poor quality as of late. The reporters aren't tight, the sound is like they are describing how the moon just exploded even though its just a 'water problem'. And to top it off, they are reporting as if they are the final name in news. Even though they sound so green.
That is my rant, simply put. I miss the old days when a news man sounded like an authority on an event. Not like a kid trying to convince me he's telling the truth.
interiormotive
Advanced Member

Postby Heard It On The X » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:44 pm

interiormotive wrote: Heard a guy on a local radio station (Vancouver) call the premier 'Gordon CAMP-Bell. Not once but four times in his bit about the premier. The best part about it was after his news story, he veered off into his own little opinion about our premier, and well editorializing, botched the name AGAIN. Made for rookie radio, sounded even worse. Called a friend at the station, the kid is 24. Anchoring in a major market during the daytime, at 24. And trust me, he wasn't the second coming to deserve the push.
I hear news in particular, not the music side of things, but the newsies really sounding of poor quality as of late. The reporters aren't tight, the sound is like they are describing how the moon just exploded even though its just a 'water problem'. And to top it off, they are reporting as if they are the final name in news. Even though they sound so green.
That is my rant, simply put. I miss the old days when a news man sounded like an authority on an event. Not like a kid trying to convince me he's telling the truth.

which station was this?
Heard It On The X
Advanced Member

Return to British Columbia