Site Update: More CKLG Charts Added - Wanted: C-FUN 1970s

A look back at various radio stations

Site Update: More CKLG Charts Added - Wanted: C-FUN 1970s

Postby VancouverTopFortyRadio » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:12 am

The Vancouver Top 40 Radio website http://www.vancouvertop40radio.com has been updated as follows:

1. A New Home page - This has been open since mid-December. The new Home page features a new digital image by artist Bruce Stewart who has cleverly re-imagined Vancouver’s Theatre Row and it depicts both Red Robinson and Wolfman Jack driving in opposite directions along the mall. Don’t miss it.

2. CKLG 1973 Surveys - now available for viewing.

3. CKLG 1974 Surveys - now available for viewing.

Note that while the top 30 singles charts are complete for the above two years, a few of the Album charts are missing some information. This is because whenever I had to source a chart from the newspaper instead of the “record store” chart, the album information was often missing. More on this subject below.

Surveys wanted!

When I began this site back in 2005 it was my believe that the oldest surveys from the 50s and 60s would be the hardest to find. The exact opposite of that has proven to be true as the seventies has been much harder. I’m in pretty good shape with CKLG, but as you’ll see in the list below C-FUN has some huge gaps. In all cases, it is the “record store” surveys that are needed, as the newspaper surveys have all been found and are often missing information (such as the album chart).

C-FUN
1975 - all charts needed except Dec. 13

1976 - all charts needed.

1977 - all charts needed.

1978 - need Jan. 7 only. Have all charts after that.

CKLG (charts in this list are needed only to complete album survey).

1973 - Oct. 5, Nov. 2, Dec. 14

1974 - April 26

1975 - Jan. 31, Sept. 30, Oct. 14, Oct. 21, Nov. 11, Nov. 18, Nov. 25, Dec. 16, Dec. 23

1976 - Jan. 6, Jan. 13, Mar. 2, Mar. 30, Apr. 13, Apr. 27, May 11, May 18, May 25, June 15 (album survey discontinued after this date).

1977 and beyond - I have just about everything from here on. Thanks.

Regards
Jim
http://www.vancouvertop40radio.com
VancouverTopFortyRadio
Advanced Member

Return to Radio Station History