KJR

A look back at various radio stations

KJR

Postby wireless-dude » Sat May 22, 2010 10:27 pm

A little history jingle from KJR--some called it the kjr concerto- Interesting in my life, when I got to the UK in my USAF duty in the 60's--Radio london was using the same jingle (of course with their own insert for station)crap I was blown away,I thought my station back home owned and did this jingle--told all my friends how bad this was--just to find out that jingles were a market device--oh well I still like it (besides it was 40 years ago--who cares any more--I was a kid)--have a listen to what turned out to be one of the most used and profitable http://sendspace.com/file/3ra5lx
wireless-dude

Re: KJR

Postby radiofan » Sat May 22, 2010 11:27 pm

Wireless .. I found a copy of this back in the late 80's at Golden Oldies when they had a store in Everett ... it was on white label 45 with "KJR Song" written on it in pen .. Of course, I had to have it!

It was always one of my favorite C-FUN jingles. The same time I found this gem, I also found a copy of "The Bears" by The Fastest Group Alive .. a song I'd heard on KJR in the fall of 1966 and could
never find a copy of.
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Re: KJR Concerto

Postby jon » Sun May 23, 2010 8:37 am

It being KOL's 88th birthday today, it seems fitting to point out that KOL aired the complete KJR Concerto on October 31, 1969, in the 7-8 a.m. hour.

It was part of KOL's First Annual International Garbage Record Festival, hosted by Lan Roberts. The 45 had been brought in by a listener. Actually, I think the listener dropped it off earlier in the hour and Lan couldn't wait to get it on the air.
jon
Advanced Member

Re: KJR

Postby albertaboy4life » Sun May 23, 2010 2:32 pm

You can add CFAC Radio 96 (AM) Calgary as a PAMS Series 18 Sonosational station that used a version of that KJR jingle.
Faster cars, younger women, older cheese, more money . . .
albertaboy4life
Advanced Member

Return to Radio Station History