Gord Wilson CHQT/CFRN/CKCK has Died

Stories and info about those no longer involved in the industry

Gord Wilson CHQT/CFRN/CKCK has Died

Postby jon » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:05 am

Reports in that Gord Wilson passed away on the weekend. According to his profile on classmates, he was heard on-air at CKCK in Regina from 1984 to 1990, then at CHQT and CFRN in Edmonton for the next seven years. He graduated from Handsworth High School in North Vancouver in 1975 and, in recent years, was living in a small town in B.C.

Click here to hear Gord doing a 60 second recorded spot at CHQT.
jon
Advanced Member

Re: Gord Wilson CHQT/CFRN/CKCK has Died

Postby jon » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:10 am

Dearest Friends of Gord's, it is with the saddest of hearts that we said good-bye to my brother this morning [Sunday, April 7] at 4:10 am. He went peacefully in his sleep. He leaves a huge hole in our family and I know that heaven will be a better place with his presence. He is with Mom and pain free, what else can we wish for him. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your friendships and keeping in contact with Gord especially through this difficult journey he was on. You all brightened his days immensely.

Most sincerely Bobbi McCulloch (sister)
jon
Advanced Member

Postby Allan Mitchell » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:52 am

So sad to hear this news. Gord was an absolute gentleman. Thoughts and prayers are with his family today.

Lain and Jo-Anne Babcook.
Allan Mitchell

Postby Sebastian » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:27 pm

Big guy, bigger heart. There were so many good times with Gord as we worked together at CKCK in the glory years. He always had time to help anyone that needed it and I will always remember and appreciate his great laugh. Thanks for everything my friend.
Sebastian

Postby jon » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:45 pm

At the request of Broadcast Dialogue, Pat Cardinal obtained this quote from Allan Mitchell:

Gord Wilson was an outstanding broadcaster, known best for his deep voice and authoritative delivery. He was the voice of Saskatchewan Government Insurance for years, voicing both their radio and television ads. He was well known in Regina as morning host on CKIT-FM, and worked for Armadale Broadcasting [the rest of the time at CKCK] from 1984 to 1990 in the Queen City. Gord worked for CFRN from 1990 to 1992, and CHQT in Edmonton from 1992 to 1997, before leaving radio to pursue other interests. He was a gentle man and a good friend, had a dry sense of humor and was a master story teller. He will be greatly missed.
jon
Advanced Member

Postby Captain » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:30 pm

a great friend, broadcaster and gentleman. Gord was one of the first guys I met moving to Regina. The golden voice of Gord Wilson!
Captain

Postby davel » Sat May 25, 2013 11:27 pm

Very sorry to read this- I haven't been keeping up with my old radio friends.
Gord was one of the really good guys I was lucky enough to work with in my 20 odd years in the business.
We seem to lose too many of the best of us too young.
My heartfelt condolences to his family.

Dave Lucas
davel

Return to Radio People History