Jim Rendall

Stories and info about those no longer involved in the industry

Jim Rendall

Postby jon » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:12 pm

Obituary: "Jim Rendall. 1952-2010. It is with sadness that the family announces that the death of Jim Rendall occurred at his residence in Prince Albert on Friday October 22nd 2010. A Celebration of Jim's life will take place at Saskatoon Funeral Home on Thursday October 28th at 1:00 pm. A complete obituary notice will be carried in a future edition of this newspaper. Condolences may be sent to mail@saskatoonfuneralhome.com Arrangements have been entrusted to Saskatoon Funeral Home."

Beginning at CHOW in Welland, Ontario, he moved to CKX Brandon, ending up doing Afternoon Drive on CKOM Saskatoon for several years around 1980. He was also at CFQC Saskatoon, later on, but that's about all I could find on him.
jon
Advanced Member

Re: Jim Rendall

Postby Marke Driesschen » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:26 pm

Sad to hear this. I didn't know him well but met him a couple of times when I was in Saskatoon. Certainly well known within the broadcasting circles there. My thoughts to his friends and family.
Marke Driesschen
Advanced Member

Postby Muzik » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:42 pm

I just attended Jim's Memorial and there were alot of great stories told of him.He had a great set of pipes for the biz and always had alot of fun doing what he liked.Don Scott and Penny Murphy were there too.The pic's brought back memories from the good old day's. Good thing I have a million air- checks of Jim to listen to.
He always voiced a strong intro for me at the 6pm hand off. Another great one gone way to young. R.I.P. my friend. MUZIK.
Muzik
Advanced Member

Postby davel » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:36 pm

I'm sorry I missed this- That's what comes of not reading the paper I guess. Mea Culpa.
I knew Jim a little in the 80's. We both worked at one time for Don Scott's School.
He was a good guy and a fine broadcaster.
My belated, regretful, condolences to his family.

Dave
davel

Return to Radio People History