Postby butch » Wed May 31, 2006 2:34 am

after going through some of the links I found

Top Forty Radio charts for the vancouver area

check it out:

Vancouver Top 40 Radio
butch
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Wed May 31, 2006 9:27 pm

Jim is doing a great job with a huge project. The retyping of the weekly charts is not only time consuming, but if he is working with anything other than original copies, what a nightmare. Most of the CFUN charts from 1962 thru 1964 were only printed in The Province each week. I've spent time at the library intending to xerox copies from the microfilm....not an easy job. The film VPL has is so scratched and in such bad shape, I never tackled it.

Keep up the great work on the site Jim!
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby cart_machine » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:29 pm

radiofan wrote: Jim is doing a great job with a huge project. The retyping of the weekly charts is not only time consuming, but if he is working with anything other than original copies, what a nightmare. Most of the CFUN charts from 1962 thru 1964 were only printed in The Province each week. I've spent time at the library intending to xerox copies from the microfilm....not an easy job. The film VPL has is so scratched and in such bad shape, I never tackled it.

And it's 40 cents a copy, too.

One of the bonuses of the CFUN and CKLG charts you could pick up in the music stores was a different picture of a jock every week. It'd be fun to have those scanned, too.

cArtie.
cart_machine
Advanced Member

Return to General Radio News