PSR Censor strikes again

General Radio News and Comments, Satellite & Internet Radio and LPFM

Postby Cliff Bashly Kinkade » Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:14 pm

Careful what you say John, Lennon was afterall a liberal. And we all know how you feel about them lefties.
nudeswithviews.com / where right is never wrong
Cliff Bashly Kinkade
Advanced Member

Postby tuned » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:30 pm

Welcome Monakitty. I got the heave ho from PSR after I complained to the clown that runs it about stuff being pulled down.
tuned
Advanced Member

Postby monakitty » Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:21 pm

Clown is right. This idiot emailed me and asked that I contact him at my earliest convienience to discuss the issue again befolre I'm allowed to post. Why would I even think about posting on a board that has become oh so sad. I actually laughed out loud when I read his turd.
monakitty
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:12 pm

It is true Mona ........we have a no rules on spelling and conduct a spellin bee
on Sunday nights
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby johnsykes » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:32 pm

In actual fact, despite my not exactly liking the Beatles at the time, I was in awe in being there. I was one of those who preferred the earlier stuff when they first started out. My particular favourite though was Hey Jude....because it was something like 7 mins 3 secs long....and I could devour a quarter chicken from my overnight sponsor and even wipe my paws before the 45 ended. Yup, I actually used 45's in those days....not like you button pushers nowadays. The other favourite was McArthur (Mac) Park by Richard Harris....another long one.....us overnighters had to pick and choose the music for the right moment. Another fond memory of times long gone. Sorry to bore you.
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Postby johnsykes » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:36 pm

Was it 1980 when Lennon was gunned down outside his apartment in New York? I was in Hawaii on a business trip.....it was a Sunday I think, maybe December 7 or thereabouts.....the Hawaii Marathon was run....then I got the news about the killing. For once, the Waikiki beach was not so appealing.....I think I sat at the hotel bar and got hammered. It was not a good day not matter where we all were. Sad, sad, sad.
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Postby Stn Brk » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:43 pm

While proper spelling is optional, I would insist that people who post on this site get the name right of that most splendid British culinary delight. They're 'mushy peas'. Not 'mushed peas.' There's a difference in the preparation.

As for John Lennon, I remember it as a Monday night. I was watching Monday Night Football - back when it was entertaining - and remember seeing the scroll down the bottom of the screen.
Stn Brk
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:09 pm

Now John all you ever think about is food.....even mushed peas.

Those long songs were designed for one thing only - the unmentionable act of most humans at least once per day when cold flesh meets the porcelain.

You can draw you own conclusions. Only radiofan could get away with calling it a big dump of 'mushy peas'.
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby tuned » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:23 pm

My personal favorite for making a run to the can and the lunchroom in the middle of the night would be "Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald".
tuned
Advanced Member

Postby 3XHappy » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:44 pm

Unless it was a KFC Cleansing? A quarter Chicken in the middle of the night could call for 22 minutes of Iron Butterfly by morning...And a whole lot of water.
Life is as Happy as you make it
3XHappy
Advanced Member

Postby Cliff Bashly Kinkade » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:45 am

johnsykes wrote: The other favourite was McArthur (Mac) Park by Richard Harris....another long one.....

Alright then Sykes, if you're the fanyou claim to be can you please explain the whole "Cake out in the rain" symbolism?
Cliff Bashly Kinkade
Advanced Member

Postby Cliff Bashly Kinkade » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:48 am

Stn Brk wrote: They're 'mushy peas'. Not 'mushed peas.'

Poh-tate-oh / poh-tot-oh. It's still limey cuisine and it doesn't matter how you spell it, it always sucks.

Oh, and I believe I was booted from PSR for trying to help some poor student see the error in surveying a group of nameless posters on a Web forum and calling it research.

You just can't help some people.
Cliff Bashly Kinkade
Advanced Member

Postby johnsykes » Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:09 pm

Actually the chicken was from a sponsor, St. Hubert BBQ...way better than The Colonel's. To this day, my wife and I import their packaged gravy from Montreal.

Now, Biff......I never tried to psychoanalyze music. Especially by Richard Harris...a good actor, but much down the same path as Richard Burton, minus Liz Taylor....both loved the bottle. So, it was just simply liking the song or more like the music than the words.

P.S. I always thought you were the backbone of that other site run by His Lordship, Mr. Tottie. :blink:
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:13 pm

Boy this thread is going down hill - from mush peas to Totting's Ham.
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:03 pm

johnsykes wrote:Actually the chicken was from a sponsor, St. Hubert BBQ...way better than The Colonel's.  To this day, my wife and I import their packaged gravy from Montreal.

John ... There is/was a St. Hubert on 32nd Ave NE in Calgary (just east of Barlow Trail).

Also...check the food section at Wal Mart .. I've seen the gravy mix there.
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Radio News