Old-fashioned Radio, but internet based... one day a week

General Radio News and Comments, Satellite & Internet Radio and LPFM

Old-fashioned Radio, but internet based... one day a week

Postby J Kendrick » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:19 am

Here's an interesting way to keep the old radio fires burning....

Old fashioned radio, done by people who know how, heard on the Internet on Sundays only... and running out of a historic old windmill built in 1796 in the English Midlands... :-)

See... and hear: http://www.staffordradio.com/
J Kendrick
Advanced Member

Re: Old-fashioned Radio, but internet based... one day a wee

Postby J Kendrick » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:08 am

Give it a quick listen... before they go off line for the night at midnight their time... 4:00 p.m. our time... Radio guys now at a loose end, thanks to the inevitable changes at their previous stations, taking to the internet instead of the airwaves... just to keep their hand in...
They've been doing Sundays only for the past three years, but they've been so successful that they're about to take it right through the week.
See and listen at:
http://www.staffordradio.com/
J Kendrick
Advanced Member

Re: Old-fashioned Radio, but internet based... one day a wee

Postby Toomas Losin » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:22 pm

I've tuned in a few times over the last few weeks and listened for a while each time. Thanks for the pointer.

Some of the music is not to my tastes (in fact, this week I actually had to turn the stream off because of the unlistenable singing voice of one modern-day artist whose work I cannot believe people actually buy; then I forgot to tune in again) but more than once I've heard a long-lost song for the first time in decades and been pleased by it.

And, BIG bonus, it's never been boring. Not at all like those stations that have been playing an 80's format for longer than the 80's lasted.
Toomas Losin
Advanced Member

Return to General Radio News