Scotty Lomax (from 70's at CFGO Ottawa)

General Radio News and Comments, Satellite & Internet Radio and LPFM

Scotty Lomax (from 70's at CFGO Ottawa)

Postby PicturesForYourEars » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:18 pm

FROM
Legends KAAM 770 AM Radio Dallas:

We are in major shock and immensely grieving the loss of Jaan McCoy (Kalmes) today.

He was found in the broadcast chair this afternoon, where he suffered a fatal heart attack.

...LEFT PLACES I SHOULDA STAYED,
STAYED PLACES I SHOULDA LEFT...
PicturesForYourEars
Advanced Member

Re: Scotty Lomax (from 70's at CFGO Ottawa)

Postby Tom Jeffries » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:44 pm

What?

This is sad news. CFRA and CFGO - we were at war, but all the jocks at both stations liked each other.

I guess this is the epitome of "dying with your boots on", and what a way to go out.

Too soon. RIP and condolences to his Family, co-workers and friends across Canada.

This is upsetting, I must say.
Tom Jeffries
Advanced Member

Re: Scotty Lomax (from 70's at CFGO Ottawa)

Postby jon » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:16 pm

Jaan passed away yesterday.

Here is the most recent mini-bio that I could find:

Jaan McCoy, born in Brazil, grew up in Pennsylvania and Syracuse, where he started radio at age 16 with a Saturday Morning stint on WFBL. His radio adventure has taken him to gigs in the Hamilton/Toronto and Ottawa markets in Canada, then to Dallas for some FM Classic Rock, Rock Hits on the ABC Radio Network and 20 years as Morning Host of The Breakfast Club with ten of those years at WLGZ's sister station KAAM. Most recent fun includes being one of the principals in the ownership of Country and Rock and Roll hits stations in Greenville, Texas.

Jaan has been married over 28 years to the love of his life, Becca, and they have six children. His loves include, Classic Cars, Family vacations to fun places and the fall color change!
jon
Advanced Member

Return to General Radio News