PSR is on life support

General Radio News and Comments, Satellite & Internet Radio and LPFM

Postby tuned » Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:54 pm

Just went to check it out and it's gotten really dead in the last week. That puppy is on life support. I like all the "extra" forums if you scroll down.
tuned
Advanced Member

Postby butch » Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:38 pm

Ok I tried to respond and got the moderator....I said "this place is going to the dogs...."

there is swearing, actual adult humour.....how disgusting - who can I report this board to.

Please help.
butch
Advanced Member

Postby Cliff Bashly Kinkade » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:11 am

Um, just a point, but as true believers wouldn't they put their fate in the hands of, you know, the almighty, and not get hooked up to some godless machine?
nudeswithviews.com / where right is never wrong
Cliff Bashly Kinkade
Advanced Member

Postby tuned » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:31 am

*pulls plug* we'll leave it in the hands of a higher power shall we?
I hope the old girl pulls through though because I need to get my daily Star Jones updates.
tuned
Advanced Member

Postby segueking2 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:18 pm

Hi guys:

I am another added to the list of migrators.
I was hanging at (THE OTHER PLACE) by habit.
I was also getting mildly threatening letters from some of my buds here <grin>, so I thought I better shut up my whiny self, and get over here.
I knew it was time to go when the main thread that was hot was on "the new look".
YIKES, er, SYKES>

See that NW ratings cume have gone in the dumper and would love to see the maroons that run the tower come up with an excuse to skate through this one.
People, I hate to sound like a broken record, but RADIO as we knew and loved it is DEAD as Elvis.

People can control THEIR music and information. Kids have moved on, and did years ago! Text messaging and Ipods and IM and myspace.com and Sony PSP and Xbox and the net have finished it off.

The parasitic, lazy,self-serving,greedy,banal,dumb,under educated, knuckledragging,swiny, back stabbing, creepy, dishonest Radio owners and programmers are getting EXACTLY what they deserve!

As Yogi Berra would say "people are listening less, more and more".

Phil The thrill Till should have stuck to typing tripe news in England. Like all dilletantes, they think it's a snap?
Being a normal sounding, engaging radio host takes YEARS or hard work and something called TALENT, of which he has NONE.

You have to have an ego filter. When you hear hosts talking about THEIR Golf Game (hi Freddy) or their new million dollar home in Sechelt by the gravel pit (Hi Larry and Willy) - you are disconnecting with the audience.

Why does the audience give a rat's patoot what you did last night, at a nightclub or how you are spending your weekends...?

It's about THEM - those "people out there in the dark" - to quote Gloria Swanson from Sunset Boulevard.

Norma Desmond got it.

Plasteras and his ilk never will.
segueking2
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:40 pm

This board has been up and running about three months (I noticed when you press the members button alot came over May 8 and 9) - and TW was ready on April 16 and I sent him a message the next day.

Since then - all of the major players in our "game" - the web and site game have switched to www.radiowest.ca

This includes my site, Vancouverbroadcasters, Top Forty Radio, and vancouver radio museum some with great fanfare and blinkin lites.

This is a testament to Ted's interest in radio and a freer form of communication.

Yes he scolds me on occasion but usually in private over a burger.

This morning I was watching 'tother' bored and at least three times in a hour a post came down or was modified by admin for no particular reason.

Folks this is cyber and I don't think anything should come down unless it was gross/obscene/slanderous or didnt meet the Canadian Broadcast Standards guidelines
(that was a joke)

Welcome to Sequeking -we have missed your posts and strong opinions.

Both Sykes and I are cowering in our boots - brushing up our content quality.
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:42 pm

segueking2 wrote: Why does the audience give a rat's patoot what you did last night, at a nightclub or how your are spending your weekends...?

Do you mean the listeners don't care about what obscure meat product or byproduct Till and Company dined on last night?? Or what they drank and how much??

Welcome home Segueway ... we knew you'd come to your senses sooner or later and join up with your fellow outcasts!
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:04 am

Not to slag but to comment

PSR basically has ten non-local threads in the top 10

most sites and threads available elsewhere

The TOP one is on Masturbation - something that I hope our board is not going to
analize this week.

On another subject

I just got a call from the Mayor asking me what I thought about strippers. I said

if it's legal why are you asking - if I get the decision then I say no for a number of
reasons:

no particularly good for town reputation
no increase in work for locals
only good for the strippers and the beer hall

now how did I get into this

Note to file - RF phoned and said he was stirring up the honey wagon and agrees
with me fully

Ok guys time to throw the tomatoes
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby Destro » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:59 am

Top Dog, you are old. Strippers are great. Every town needs a dive... just make sure you have the town inspector dropping by to keep it clean and safe for the girls (and shake it down for a few bucks for the town coffers in fines) and life is good.
blog: http://morningaftershow.wordpress.com "A voice of reason amongst the doubters!" - Sandclan
Destro
Advanced Member

Postby glaherty » Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:41 am

Funny thing, a few posts poking fun at the "End time Ministries", and I
find this morning, my Puget sound radio password won't log in. Isn't that
curious. :rolleyes:
glaherty
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:09 am

Taking the Lord's name in vain, poking fun at End Time Ministries or telling certain administrators that they are a piss poor excuse for a christian seems to be the reason many of us are here.

It looks like you too have now been removed from there and now show up as a Guest User.

As RadioWest enters it's fourth month, we have yet to remove a post or a member. You thoughts and opinions are welcome here.
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby glaherty » Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:13 am

Thankyou. B) If I'd known that's all it took, I would have gotten in some
better shots on the way out! :)
glaherty
Advanced Member

Postby Glen Livingstone » Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:15 am

glaherty wrote:Funny thing, a few posts poking fun at the "End time Ministries", and I
find this morning, my Puget sound radio password won't log in.  Isn't that
curious. :rolleyes:

Not to worry, Lee.

You're in good company over here. This board was set-up to offer an alternative to the kind of whacked-out bullshit that occurs over at PSR on a daily basis.

You'll probably be receiving an email shortly from the head honcho over there listing the corrective steps that you need to take before you can rejoin the flock.

I find it interesting that at the same time that they're begging for radio stations to advertise on their broken-down site, they're busy kicking off people who actually work for the stations that they're trying to attract.

My question is: Why would anyone want to advertise on what is essentially a stand-alone message board with no value-added components that -- rather than encouraging debate on different issues -- instead censors, edits, and corrects its members' postings on a regular basis.

By the way, if I were young Jamie, a green kid whom purportedly loves radio, I wouldn't be throwing my lot in with a bitter old fool who is out actively pissing off the very people who Jamie might one day conceivably be working with or for.

Radio is a small community, and it's shrinking every day.

Here's a piece of advice for you son:

If you lay down with dogs then you wake up with fleas.

If you value your reputation, my advice to you would be, Get Out Now.
Glen Livingstone
Advanced Member

Postby butch » Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:25 am

what no board of inquisition? Pray tell - the end is near (easton ch2 v3)
butch
Advanced Member

Postby 3XHappy » Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:47 pm

I could not log on either but there was not a problem getting a new password emailed to me and logging on after that. May just be a glitch.
Life is as Happy as you make it
3XHappy
Advanced Member

Next

Return to General Radio News