The Sky has fallen!!

General Radio News and Comments, Satellite & Internet Radio and LPFM

Postby Jack Bennest » Sat May 13, 2006 9:09 pm

Billionaire Jimmy Pattison has been on a buying spree in my province. He just bought two radio stations in Victoria after purchasing a group further up Vancouver Island. He is one of the few independent media guys out there, but I know he doesn't have the brain trust to take on so many stations. The depth of managers and programmers is just not in the ranks, but what the hell, that can be said for the other media conglomerates too. If you consider accountants, sales people, and administrators good managers of entertainment then yes, they have those. What they don't have after all of these years of neglect are genuine programming managers and on-air personalities.

The song said Video Killed The Radio Star ? but I believe the conglomerates and government killed the radio star. I have never thought this before... but I now truly believe radio is dead.

Red Robinson
May 11

www.redrobinson.com
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby tuned » Mon May 15, 2006 9:39 pm

Sad but true. Red is right on the money. It must be tough for someone who's been around as long as has to see an entire industry raped by a bunch of greedy corporations while the so-called government watchdog lets it happen.
tuned
Advanced Member

Return to General Radio News