RadioWest July 22 2012 GTG pics

RadioWest July 22 2012 GTG pics

Postby radiofan » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:49 pm

Another great turnout at today's RadioWest.ca July GTG at the Marine Pub in Burnaby, BC ..

I took my camera with me but very stupidly didn't check to see if the memory card was in it ... it wasn't! Thankfully, Campbell McCubbin had his and managed to snap a few pics.

Thanks to Neumann Sennheiser for making the trek up from Bremerton, WA this morning. Great to see you again after 4 years Jack!

Making their first appearance were RW regular posters Tape Splicer (Fred) and Pictures For Your Ears (Gary) plus Global TV's Arran Henn.

The regulars included Russ Byth, Brian Forst, Jim Morrison, Gord Lansdell, Mike Cleaver, Dave McCormick, Campbell McCubbin, The Unknown Copywriter,
John and Diana Kendrick, Dan Roach, Brent The Jingle Guy and Me.

Here's the pics from Cam ..

Brian Forst and Russ Byth

Radiofan with Jim Morrison (in the background Mike Cleaver, Neumann Sennheiser's back and The Unknown Copywriter)

Mike Cleaver, Tape Splicer & Dave McCormick

Gord Lansdell, Radiofan and Neumann Sennheiser

Dave McCormick and Brian Forst

Radiofan and Mike Cleaver
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Re: RadioWest July 22 2012 GTG

Postby Tape Splicer » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:28 pm

Enjoyed meeting each of you for the first time ...
Russ: as you make your way to the Okanogan, here's hoping you get lots of sun and enjoy the climate along with the local fruit of the vine ...
A discussion about a George Carlin skit arose - (George as an AM and FM DeeJay on the air at the same time) - I had a look through the 50 "YouTube" pages relating to George Carlin and found no links about this skit. I however found these three links. Gord, radiofan enjoy.

George Carlin "Wonderful WINO"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g06yxZVeIKM

George Carlin "Newscast"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yakmPBachUE

George Carlin "Hippy dippy Weatherman"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2HpB5CGfLQ
Tape Splicer
Advanced Member

Re: RadioWest July 22 2012 GTG pics

Postby Russ_Byth » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:13 pm

It WAS great to see everyone!
Of course the strangest part was finding out Brent the Jingle Guy and me have lived in the same condo complex for years and didn't know it - and park about 4 stalls away from each other!
Cheers all!
:occasion5:
Russ_Byth
Advanced Member

Postby Dan Sys » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:52 pm

The best to you Russ, and I hope you thoroughly enjoy your well deserved retirement in the Okanagan! Sorry I wasn't there in person today, but I still haven't replaced my vehicle and transit service in the Fraser Valley is beyond being a joke (especially on Sundays).
Dan Sys
Advanced Member

Postby PicturesForYourEars » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:33 am

T'was really nice to meet some radio legends I never met before, and, special thanks to Neumann Sennheiser for bringing along his rare collection of mike cables to show everyone...
...LEFT PLACES I SHOULDA STAYED,
STAYED PLACES I SHOULDA LEFT...
PicturesForYourEars
Advanced Member

Postby Howaboutthat » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:59 am

Looks like a good group! Sorry I missed it but am just about to sail out of Winter Harbour. Good luck Russ!
Houston, We're dealing with morons!.
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Postby CKNF » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:45 am

radiofan wrote:Another great turnout at today's RadioWest.ca July GTG at the Marine Pub in Burnaby, BC ..

I took my camera with me but very stupidly didn't check to see if the memory card was in it ... it wasn't! Thankfully, Campbell McCubbin had his and managed to snap a few pics.

Thanks to Neumann Sennheiser for making the trek up from Bremerton, WA this morning. Great to see you again after 4 years Jack!

Making their first appearance were RW regular posters Tape Splicer (Fred) and Pictures For Your Ears (Gary) plus Global TV's Arran Henn.

The regulars included Russ Byth, Brian Forst, Jim Morrison, Gord Lansdell, Mike Cleaver, Dave McCormick, Campbell McCubbin, The Unknown Copywriter,
John and Diana Kendrick, Dan Roach, Brett The Jingle Guy and Me

Looks like a good time had by all. :) Next time I'm in Vancouver, I will make it a point to come out to one of these. I enjoy putting faces to names and talking to folks who were around during the good old days and getting perspectives from those still in it.
CKNF
Advanced Member

Postby Eldon-Mr.CFAY » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:52 pm

Greetings Everyone,
Well its great to see the photos and read the comments from yesterdays Radio West GTG at the Marine Pub. Wish I could have been there. Thanks for taking all the photos. I know how frustrating that can be RadioFan when one forgets something especially when its an important thing, happens to all of us once in awhile. I was emailing Radio West member Ve7rox and told him about the Radio West GTG or should I say reminded him a few days ago. Since he lives in North Burnaby he thought he might be able to make a brief appearance about 11 AM Sunday, he had family stuff t do in the early afternoon. Guess it didn't work out for him. I am sorry Dan could not make it either but I fully understand the transit/bus problems way out in Aldergrove or East Langley Township! Dan is right, its crappy service on Sunday, a lot of Sundays the buses to and from Aldergrove run every 2 hours or so. Then of course you have to get to Skytrain and that is more travelling time. Once you actually get to Skytrain if the buses are running on time from Aldergrove on a Sunday its nots bad. However a few times when I was heading to Aldergrove from Langley City earlier this year the the bus service was not on time and late!!!! Weekdays tend to be better. Wish they would improve it!

Anyway it sounds like it was a nice GTG at the Marine Pub. Enjoyed seeing all the photos, especially helpful for those of us out of province!!!! Hopefully I can make it to one of the next GTGs and will be back out in B.C. soon. If anyone has additional photos to post that would also be much appreciated I am sure.

Well take care everyone and again have a nice summer!

73s Eldon
Bye . . Mr. CFAY "Frequently On The Frequency"
The CFAY Website: http://cfayradio.wordpress.com
CFAY Radio: http://tinyurl.com/l9qqmh
Eldon-Mr.CFAY
Advanced Member

Postby J Kendrick » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:23 pm

Don't ask.. I have no idea what's going on here in this last one ... ;-)
J Kendrick
Advanced Member

Postby CubbyCam » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:28 pm

I believe Dan Roach was pointing out that something was hanging from my pouch. Hmmmm... Let me rephrase that.
CubbyCam
Advanced Member

Postby Russ_Byth » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:51 pm

CubbyCam wrote:I believe Dan Roach was pointing out that something was hanging from my pouch. Hmmmm... Let me rephrase that.

Probably saying, "wow, I thought only old people in Phoenix wore those along with their sandals and knee-high white socks!"
Russ_Byth
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:05 pm

Dan Roach - that takes me back!!

Sorry I could not make the trip
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby CubbyCam » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:13 pm

Russ_Byth wrote:Probably saying, "wow, I thought only old people in Phoenix wore those along with their sandals and knee-high white socks!"

Never been to Phoenix, but I've been to Kelowna... much the same there, I'd guess. :pottytrain2:
CubbyCam
Advanced Member

Postby Eldon-Mr.CFAY » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:08 pm

Hi Everyone!
Once again, great photos, thanks for posting additional ones. I did notice there were no mention of names though but the photos are great without that too.
Yeah that last photo was kind of funny. RadioFan looked a bit concerned about what was going on!!!! You know I have seen many people with waist pouches all across Canada and even on Canada Day at the Cobourg Waterfront Festival. Some pretty attractive young women wore them with cut-offs too!!! So even in conservative Ontario people have them of all ages. I must own at least three of them myself and with my very heavy wallet I need one as it doesn't fit properly in my pockets etc. I carry around a lot of business cards, coffee cards etc. which makes the wallet heavy. Not much cash though I am afraid!!!

One comment about people attending, it sure would be nice for some of the Alberta Radio West members and even those from Saskatchewan or Manitoba etc. to attend. I realize that probably some of that would depend on when vacation time is available but it would be nice if any of them could.

Well just thought I would add a couple comments about the extra photos etc. Thanks again for posting them!!!

All the Best... Eldon
Bye . . Mr. CFAY "Frequently On The Frequency"
The CFAY Website: http://cfayradio.wordpress.com
CFAY Radio: http://tinyurl.com/l9qqmh
Eldon-Mr.CFAY
Advanced Member

Postby Muzik » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:27 pm

I would love to attend a Radiowest GTG sometime in the future. I have tons of stories to share and it would be a blast to meet many of my radio hero's which are still legends in my mind. So even though I am in Saskatoon, I grew up on Vancouver radio and will make a point of attending sometime.And as always Thanks again for the great pic's.
Muzik
Advanced Member

Return to Welcome to RadioWest.ca