Year End Music Surveys

Year End Music Surveys

Postby radiofan » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:55 pm

Rather than post the year end surveys from various stations in the daily history section this year, a new section has been created on the main RadioWest.ca site.

At the present time it includes various Western Canadian and Washington State radio stations' year end music surveys from 1966 through 1979. More will be added in the near future.

Year End Music Surveys Click Here.
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby jon » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:42 pm

An absolutely fabulous resource. Thank you, Radiofan.

It probably makes sense to concentrate on Western Canada and Western Washington, but I'm interested in knowing what stations You, the RadioWest members, were listening to in the '60s and '70s.

Did enough of you listen to WLS Chicago on a regular basis that it might be worthwhile to have the Big 89 posted as well? I know that I did. But stations like CKLW and CHUM were just too hard to get. Despite some skill as a Vancouver DX'er, I only heard CKLW on occasional Sunday nights after midnight. And I never heard CHUM, though CKFH came in more frequently than CKLW on Sunday nights after midnight.

A personal favourite to do homework by, WBZ Boston, disappeared in the mid-'60s when KTWO moved to 1030 in Wyoming.
jon
Advanced Member

Return to Welcome to RadioWest.ca