RadioWest Says No To Smokers

Postby TransistorSister » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:03 am

Due to B.C.'s tough new smoking laws which go into effect Monday, March 31st, visitors to RadioWest.ca will no longer be able to smoke while visiting the site.

This includes the smoking room that was built two years ago in the corner of The Compost Heap forum at a cost of $50,000.

There will be no smoking within three metres of a computer screen displaying the RadioWest message board, except in Vancouver where the restriction will be six metres.

John Sykes, who was having a smoke yesterday at RadioWest's outdoor semi-enclosed smoking area, had no problems when smoking inside all of the forums except for The Compost Heap was banned.

However, RadioWest staff never view or post to The Compost Heap forum so he doesn't buy the argument that the law will protect workers.

"This is overly harsh. It's a message board not a health spa," said Sykes, who is also worried for the safety of the people forced to smoke six metres from computer screens displaying the website.
TransistorSister
Advanced Member

Re: RadioWest Says No To Smokers

Postby Steve Sanderson » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:45 am

TransistorSister wrote:RadioWest Says No To Smokers

"This is overly harsh. It's a message board not a health spa," said Sykes, who is also worried for the safety of the people forced to smoke six metres from computer screens displaying the website.

Actually, I'll stick up for John...
At his advanced age he can't see the computer screen from
one metre away .. 6 metres...Forget about it!! :shock:
:wink:
Steve Sanderson
Advanced Member

Postby kat » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:14 pm

John Sykes wrote:The biggest mistake I ever made in my life was leaving CJOR and going to work for the Whitecaps.

The second biggest mistake I ever made was quitting smoking. Since quitting I have moved on to smokeless tobacco [snuff]. The wife is constantly ragging on me about the condition of my hankies and the colour of my spit. I think I should have kept on with the fags.
The world has two kinds of people. Cat people and idiots.
kat
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:38 pm

spat wrote:
John Sikhs wrote: I think I should have kept on with the fags.

oh?
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby pieinthesky » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:49 pm

What happens my computer starts to smoke? Am I responsible for that?

:P
pieinthesky
Advanced Member

Postby Dan Sys » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:56 pm

The second biggest mistake I ever made was quitting smoking. Since quitting I have moved on to smokeless tobacco [snuff].

Never sit in the back seat of a car with the windows down when the person driving the vehicle is chewing snuff. I suffered several messy "face incidents" as a youth from my dear old Dad who chewed the stuff and gobbed it out the window. Needless to say the driver's side of his 1967 white Ford Meteor was covered with brown spots (and people complain about 2nd hand smoke).
Dan Sys
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:08 am

Dan Sykes wrote:1967 white Ford Meteor was covered with brown spots

OMG Dan
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

You got the wrong guy!!!

Postby johnsykes » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:14 pm

I quit smoking 4 1/2 years ago....easiest thing I've ever done....so those comments were not from me...Kat, you're a hoot. We all need a laugh now and again.

:P
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Postby kat » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:21 pm

Top Dog wrote:
Dan Sykes wrote:1967 white Ford Meteor was covered with brown spots

OMG Dan

I'm confused here. Is Dan Sykes really the son of John Sykes? I didn't realize there was that many years between them. Sheesh.
The world has two kinds of people. Cat people and idiots.
kat
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:59 pm

kitty wrote:
I'm confused here. Is Dan Sikhs really the son of John Sys? I didn't realize there was that many years between them. Sheesh.

WAA

so you are confused?

OK OK i wont do that any more
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby Dan Sys » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:32 pm

Just to clear the confusion up here Kat, no John Sykes is not my father. However I'm sure some kind of arrangment could be made if he wanted to adopt me though. We can start this new father-son relationship by him throwing about $400,000.00 my way to purchase this lovely home in Aldergrove. I'll even sit in the back seat of the car with the window down. How about it Pops?
Dan Sys
Advanced Member

Return to Welcome to RadioWest.ca