CKLG Jim Hault's Stoned Ranger series 1972?

Re: CKLG Jim Hault's Stoned Ranger series 1972?

Postby NEguyinMI » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:58 pm

Fellow devotees,

Even though I was just a student in junior high school at the time, I did my best to never miss an episode of The Stoned Ranger, airing on KLMS-AM in Lincoln, Nebraska. Over the years, I, too, have been more than interested in obtaining copies of any of the broadcasts that might still be "out there." Stumbling across your thread this evening prompted me to do some more in-depth searching. And I had a bit of success. The following link will take you to a page containing sixteen of the original Stoned Ranger episodes: http://98.130.146.204/chickenman/chickenman.html. The Stoned Ranger section is at the very bottom of the page. As you will see, there are plenty of other old radio spots to enjoy, also.

Some Stoned Ranger episodes that I recall but that are not included on the website specified above are:
1) An extremely intelligent Indian Chief became an electrician and installed light fixtures in the tribal bathroom. Yes...he was the first Indian to wire a head for a reservation.
2) The Stoned Ranger and Toronto were hired to figure out what a known bandido was smuggling across the border--people knew he was smuggling something, but they could not figure out what it was. After stopping and questioning the bandido on several occasions, each time commenting about the variety of nice horses he was riding, they finally gave up. They asked the bandido what he was smuggling and his reply was "Horses, Senor, horses!"
3) The Stoned Ranger and Toronto were in town (if I remember rightly, they were at a carnival) and the Stoned Ranger met a woman. The woman invited the Stoned Ranger up to her room and he accepted. At her room, she said "Take off my shoes," and he did. She next said "Take off my dress," and he did. She next said "Take off my stockings," and he did. She then said "If I ever catch you wearing my clothes again, I'll ring your neck!"

If any more episode recollections pop into my noggin, I'll do my best to get them posted.

Enjoy!!!

Mike
NEguyinMI

Postby radiofan » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:37 pm

Welcome aboard Radio West and thanks for the link Mike.

Great find on The Stoned Ranger episodes.

Lots of great listening on that guy's site.
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

CKLG Jim Hault's Stoned Ranger series 1972? FOUND!

Postby Raymondo » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:53 am

re: http://www.radiowest.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5878&p=12830660&hilit=Jim+hault#p12830660

Original post for enquiry on May 27, 2009: CKLG Jim Hault's Stoned Ranger series 1972? until a successful conclusion was 1854 days and many great stories and discussion along the way. Thanks for the memories.
As the Stoned Ranger would shout "Hi Ho Silver..Oh Hi O River"
Cheers
Raymondo
Raymondo

Postby PMC » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:41 am

That site is an excellent find. Thanks for humour :lol:
PMC

Previous

Return to Welcome to RadioWest.ca