PSR Threads Poll

Should the (anti) PSR threads be deleted from RadioWest.ca?

Yes
65%
No
35%

Total votes : 43

PSR Threads Poll

Postby radiofan » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:16 pm

In the past couple of days a few members have let me know they'd like to see the (anti) PSR threads vanish from RadioWest.ca. I'll have to say, I agree with them 100%. We'll let you, the members, have the final say. Simply vote "Yes" or "No" .. You have til 2:15 Friday afternoon to vote!
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Re: PSR Threads Poll

Postby freqfreak2 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:50 pm

Opening up a discussion over the deletion of PSR threads is a good idea.

The problem I have is that the act of deleting them eerily parallels the behaviour being discussed.
freqfreak2
Advanced Member

Postby glaherty » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:09 pm

Ditto, what he said.
glaherty
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:41 pm

There is one major difference - the founder of this board is asking his true and faithful friends a question. Answers to the question could be the guidance that he is seeking in making a difficult
decision.

Deleting comments and threads daily (or often) is not his bag. I think his approach is a great idea - wish I had thought of it first.

I trust "radiofan" to make a wise decision based on research and input from the flock. I would doubt that he would make a habit of it.

I would also make a point based on what I have seen here and elsewhere - you can keep a thread at the top of the pile by making a brief comment of no importance each day or each week. Some threads disappear quickly - others seem to stay forever and show up in google searchs.

Vote soon, vote often and lets get back to the fun, the hockey, the jokes, the quizs and remarkable chatter with all the "good guys".
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby Destro » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:42 pm

yeah maybe not delete them, but *we* could all try to not encourage them. People are going to get banned over there and they'll want to beak off (I did!) so you know, let people tell their story.
blog: http://morningaftershow.wordpress.com "A voice of reason amongst the doubters!" - Sandclan
Destro
Advanced Member

Postby Donald R » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:34 pm

PSR is less and less about radio every day. Let sleeping dogs lie. I come here to read and occasionally comment about radio and related topics. PSR will either die an unnatural death or have admit to a change of focus to news and views with occasional radio stories. Too bad too because it was once an interesting place to spend a few minutes each day. No so much now! I am one who would like to see the topic removed from the board.

Might I also suggest that those who once made PSR an interesting place to visit are all but gone from that forum. Most are now here!
Donald R
Advanced Member

Postby freqfreak2 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:27 pm

Here's something for the wonderful code monkeys who maintain the Radio West site to consider: could we keep the thread(s) as a place for recent-bannees to vent but keep it from appearing on the View Most Recent Posts listing?

I make this suggestion hesitantly because it drives the discussion back up to the top.

I have yet to vote on the issue.

I remember when I first encountered PSR and thought it was a wonderful site. When it changed hands, those became the "good old days" -- a common theme here.

As time passes, those who fondly remember the old PSR will have had their say and will have moved on. A record needs to be kept of that "grieving" but the front page (Recent Posts) shouldn't be the place.

Sadly, there is nothing that can be said here to keep things 'over there' from getting any worse than they are.

As the sole western Canada radio forum of reason, our efforts should focus on the industry we love and help it through difficult times.
freqfreak2
Advanced Member

Postby Anotherwpgguy » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:10 am

I'd suggest not deleting the threads, but just lock them down if you really feel something must be seen to be done.

Anotherwpgguy
Anotherwpgguy
Advanced Member

Postby Mediatype » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:16 am

I have to admit to wallowing in the anti PSR pool a few times. It is lovely to vent to fellow abused Media people, cast out so unceremoniously from that PoSeR site. It was almost a form of therapy after what I had experienced and knowing that there were others out there that have shared my horrible experience was rather... gratifying. It actually brought back some feeling of trust again!

Okay, let's leave that all behind us now and move on with our lives, eh?

Sure, give the PSR topic some place in the archives for the many others to go to for their own sanity. It will likely promote this site's numbers too. Keep it off the "Recent Posts" section somehow. I will take a peak in the PSR topics from time to time though as it makes me chuckle about the absurdity of it all. Word of mouth in the industry will end the abuse one day but let's keep promoting this FREE THINKING "RADIO" forum as the defacto place to travel to for BC Media information.
Is there any way of expanding or promoting the TV section? There are plenty of lost TV souls with plenty of time on their hands that have alot to say about their evolving industry. Print, Radio and TV, which are so linked together with cross ownership and all generate plenty of daily news especially from the few insiders left.
'Fair? You want me to be fair? Listen, fair is a place where you go to ride on rides, eat cotton candy and step in elephant poop.'
Mediatype
Advanced Member

Postby Mediatype » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:21 am

Is this poll locked down against multiple voting practices? A few years ago, it was discovered that the CFAX daily question poll was not secure and people may have been manipulating the results. Limit one vote per IP address, that way a certain manipulative type only gets one vote. I like the voting bit for other topics too.
'Fair? You want me to be fair? Listen, fair is a place where you go to ride on rides, eat cotton candy and step in elephant poop.'
Mediatype
Advanced Member

Postby Howaboutthat » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:44 am

Mediatype wrote:Is this poll locked down against multiple voting practices? A few years ago, it was discovered that the CFAX daily question poll was not secure and people may have been manipulating the results. Limit one vote per IP address, that way a certain manipulative type only gets one vote. I like the voting bit for other topics too.

Did you try voting twice before posting this question?
Houston, We're dealing with morons!.
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:28 am

I think all the comments are good. They are valid. It's a tough call for radiofan. He is wise - just look what he did to me. He sent me to China to research early radio there. Then I got the call to put my habit back on and return to the homeland.
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby Steve Sanderson » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:58 am

Jack Bennest wrote:I think all the comments are good. They are valid. It's a tough call for radiofan. He is wise - just look what he did to me. He sent me to China to research early radio there. Then I got the call to put my habit back on and return to the homeland.

Jack...So, you're saying that Radiofan is human and does make mistakes??
:D
Steve Sanderson
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:07 pm

what mistake - getting me to dress as a nun?
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby johnsykes » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:08 pm

radiofan says the deadline is 2.15pm Friday....may I suggest 2.30pm on Saturday...no reason why....just to be my obnoxious self.

Kidding re the above.......I think :mousewalk
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Next

Return to Welcome to RadioWest.ca