Happy Birthday Radiofan!

Re: Happy Birthday Radiofan!

Postby jon » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:59 am

Jack Bennest wrote:topped with some hard cheese.

No, old goats like Radiofan and me have to stick to goat cheese. Everybody knows that goat's milk is easier to digest than cow's milk.

I wished him a very Happy Birthday privately yesterday, but I should make it public. Radiofan and I grew up in East Burnaby, first meeting at Armstrong Elementary School in 1964, most notably at the school's annual Hobby Show, where we discovered our mutual interest in pretty much anything related to AM radio. Together with several others, we formed the Burnaby DX Club (BDXC), though our interest was much more than just DX and QSL cards.
jon
Advanced Member

Postby pave » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:00 pm

Now, look what you've gone and done! :?

Best wishes, Ted, me old son.
pave
Advanced Member

Postby tuned » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:24 pm

Happy belated Birthday Ted! 39??? Hope you enjoyed yourself. There's no icon for vinyl, what a shame.
tuned
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:18 pm

Thanks everyone for the Birthday wishes etc. The turkey was great .. took a pass on the Cake and Island Farms Vanilla Ice Cream (actually, there hasn't been a good Birthday cake since the early 90's when Woodwards disappeared .. nobody has duplicated that great butter icing!). I'll also take a pass om Jack's cucumber slices in vinegar and the hunks of cheese .. as well as Jon's goat cheese. I'll avoid dairy products of any kind except for the odd scoop of .. Island Farms Ice Cream !!!

As Jon mentioned, we have known each other since elementary school in the mid 60's ... Pluto and VE7ROX were also there with us in school and in the BDXC, so some of us here have known each other and been friends for about 45 years. We all helped Pluto collect Old Dutch Potatoe Chip bags so he could go on Old Dutch Windmill on Channel 8 and try to scoop some nifty prizes. VE7ROX took out time from building his own ham equipment to build us the odd mixing board and an AM transmitter or two so we could play radio!

:cheers:
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby Eldon-Mr.CFAY » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:09 am

A very Happy Birthday Ted (RADIOFAN). Sorry for being late in posting but at least I got the greeting to you on the landline on Sunday, FEB. 28th, 2010!!! Hope you got what Mrs. CFAY and I sent in you via the mail by now! Haven't posted a lot on Radio West in the past 5 months or so as I have been very busy with other time consuming radio projects etc... It sure is great that Feb. 28th,20l0 will go down in Canadian History as a Great Golden Memory......we couldn't stop watching and waving the flag as Team Canada won. In langley City the horn honking and flag waving kept going Sunday afternoon. I was in Calgary as was RadioFan for the 1988 Winter Olympics but this one was larger and certainly impressive. This is coming from someone who loved the Calgary 1988 Olympics but was very uncertain about how these would turn out in Vancouver. We were at the Vancouver Airport when the Canadian Womens Hockey Team won on Thursday and everyone couldn't stop cheering. I think its great that Team Canada won Gold on your birthday RadioFan and what a great event to go down in Canadian Sports History!!! Mrs. CFAY Also wishes you a belated Happy Birthday and many more to come!!! What a day to remember, Feb.28th, 2010, l4 Go For the Gold Medals for Canada, truly amazing!!! That's something to happen on your birthday, Canadian History Making in Action!!! Fourteen Go for the Gold Medals for Canada, truly amazing!!!!
Bye . . Mr. CFAY "Frequently On The Frequency"
The CFAY Website: http://cfayradio.wordpress.com
CFAY Radio: http://tinyurl.com/l9qqmh
Eldon-Mr.CFAY
Advanced Member

Previous

Return to Welcome to RadioWest.ca