RadioWest.ca June Get Together

Re: RadioWest.ca June Get Together

Postby slowhand » Wed May 26, 2010 6:16 pm

Anotherwpgguy wrote:Mike ... excellent concept, but it would need to be retitled as a part of the spoof right from the beginning to suck them in from downwind with the wafting scent of forbidden fruit ... it needs to be straight forward and simple like "Do Not Divulge Contents."

Low cloud, rain mixed with snow, and freezing rain has put a temporary end to the forest fire season ... and so experiments on human subjects must be postponed for awhile longer ... drat.

I'll have to satisfy my need for entertainment by drowning kittens, kicking children's puppies, pulling the wings off flies, and making prank phone calls to the local jock trying get him to air my call, knowing they don't have a delay system in operation.

Greetings from:
Anotherwpgguy

So glad that you've found a home here at radiowest so perfectly suited to your needs.
slowhand
Advanced Member

Postby Anotherwpgguy » Wed May 26, 2010 8:42 pm

Thanks for the welcome, although a couple of years overdue.

This site does rank well above pulling the wings off flies, but only slightly higher than burning ants with a magnifying glass ... LOL. That death ray may as well be aliens invading earth.

Actually, this forum is a superb way to keep in touch with close radio & TV friends from the time when we stood on the neck of the competition and starved them out ... and loved doing it. Great times, but I consider myself fortunate to have survived those good times .... but ah yes ... the memories .... now where did I put my pen?

Anotherwpgguy
Anotherwpgguy
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:02 am

I have placed June 13th on my calendar for a quick turn around trip for the burnabyburgerbash.

This may spark some interest or persuade others to cancel. If Sykes is at the side of the Freeway in Abotzferd
when I travel by - I can pick the old geezer up and he can pay for my fries.
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby johnsykes » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:50 pm

Greetings to all.......sadly, the only way I can make the June 13th bash is if it's pouring rain....and I get called off from work at my favourite golf course. I work Sundays from 7am to 1pm in Sardis.......soooooooo.....don't know if there would be anyone left if I drove in at my usual speed....not more than 100kmpr......and less in the city. I've actually tried to book off and get someone else to work for me, but to no avail, so far. I'll keep trying.

Mind you, the way Wayne Cox makes forecasts these days, my chances are good. He calls for sunshine and it pours....Wayne, change your shirt sometime....put on a windbreaker...maybe, then it will be sunny!
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Postby radiogirl » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:33 pm

Hey guys, is there room for a non-radio employed gal ( who is going to be getting into the
'net radio broadcast biz this summer) ?
radiogirl
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:40 pm

radiogirl wrote:Hey guys, is there room for a non-radio employed gal ( who is going to be getting into the
'net radio broadcast biz this summer) ?

Lots of room radiogirl .. always nice to see a new face or two each time we do these. Hope to see you Sunday!
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby jawbone » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:03 pm

johnsykes wrote:Mind you, the way Wayne Cox makes forecasts these days, my chances are good. He calls for sunshine and it pours....Wayne, change your shirt sometime....put on a windbreaker...maybe, then it will be sunny!

As a professor of..... something.... I can assure you Mr. Sykes that Mr. Cox's clothing has nothing to do with how the weather turns out. It is probably more likely that jet streams do. ;)
jawbone
Advanced Member

Postby johnsykes » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:32 am

huh? :towel:
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:01 pm

Sorry we have to bump Dan's Birthday greetings to remind everyone that tomorrow is the day ..

Reservations not required .. Drop ins are welcome!

Hope to see you around noon tomorrow .. If you're early, that's OK too . . a few of us will be there around 11 or shortly thereafter to make sure our
area doesn't get grabbed.

:cheers:
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby johnsykes » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:14 pm

One of these days I'll make it....sorry to miss out meeting everyone.
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:21 am

10:30am - I will look for an old :love9: guy with golf bag and umbrella near 'Abbieferd' - looking hungry.
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby jon » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:48 am

I call already smell the french fries cooking from here. Oops, that's from a Drifters song.
jon
Advanced Member

Previous

Return to Welcome to RadioWest.ca