Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas

Postby johnsykes » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:32 pm

I can't abstain from this....I will not, and totally refuse to say Happy Holidays. To those of the Christian faith....Merry Christmas...and those who are not of the Christian faith....have a safe and healthy time during our Christian festivities.
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Re: Merry Christmas

Postby Steve Sanderson » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:54 pm

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you too John!
:carol3:
Steve Sanderson
Advanced Member

Postby johnsykes » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:10 pm

And you too Sandclan...love your Canuck reports!!!
:canedude:
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Postby Mike Cleaver » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:44 pm

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone who posts here and all of the lurkers who drop in to read only.
And a happy holiday season to all those who don't celebrate Christmas but can feel the spirit of the season.
Mike Cleaver Broadcast Services
Engineering, News, Voice work and Consulting
Vancouver, BC, Canada

54 years experience at some of Canada's Premier Broadcasting Stations
Mike Cleaver
Advanced Member

Postby J Kendrick » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:38 am

The story of Christmas in the digital age.... :santa4:

See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkHNNPM7 ... re=related

The Very Best of the Season to All! :santa3:
J Kendrick
Advanced Member

Postby Mighty Thor » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:53 am

Every Halloween, the trees are filled with underwear! Every spring, the toilets explode! -Dean Wormer, Animal House.
Mighty Thor
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:47 am

johnsykes wrote:I, John Sykes :gbhouse: of sound mind.... totally refuse to say :presents1: Happy :santa1: Holidays

:merryx: Happy Holidays John :merryx:
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby Neumann Sennheiser » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:45 am

J Kendrick wrote:The story of Christmas in the digital age....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkHNNPM7 ... re=related

How fast did I submit this to "share" on my Facebook? ...and yes, I appreciate the irony of said action.
"You don't know man! I was in radio man! I've seen things you wouldn't believe!"
Neumann Sennheiser
Advanced Member

Postby crs » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:14 am

Merry Christmas Everyone! Even the Corporate hacks! :presents1:

One of my best Christmas memories was my first year alone working at Cariboo Radio Quesnel. I got not one but TWO Christmas dinners delivered to me at the station (1 by my landlord and the other by the swing announcer). It TOTALLY made my day! :reindeer: Any other "feel good" Christmas tales to tell??
Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars!
crs
Advanced Member

Postby cart_machine » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:01 pm

johnsykes wrote:I can't abstain from this....I will not, and totally refuse to say Happy Holidays. To those of the Christian faith....Merry Christmas...and those who are not of the Christian faith....have a safe and healthy time during our Christian festivities.

Even at Christmas-time, it's nothing but grumbling out of you. Isn't Christmas supposed to be a time of joy?

Other than singing some songs with Jesus' name and going to a church service, there's extremely little about Christmas that's exclusively Christian. Trees, presents, eating turkey dinners and watching a hand turn a log on TV are all very secular. Even atheists can observe "peace on Earth, good will to men."

What's wrong with 'Happy Holiday'? When I was a jock, I played Andy Williams singing it. Here it is for your listening pleasure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz7FYPQp7v0

Bing sang it in 'Holiday Inn'. If it's good enough for Bing...

crs wrote:One of my best Christmas memories was my first year alone working at Cariboo Radio Quesnel. I got not one but TWO Christmas dinners delivered to me at the station (1 by my landlord and the other by the swing announcer). It TOTALLY made my day! :reindeer: Any other "feel good" Christmas tales to tell??

I got fired at Christmas once. Small Town Radio Sucks, you know.

I am not a Christmas person and it's too late in my life to change. However, let me pass on my sincere Christmas greetings to..

● Radiofan and his Wise Men for all the work they do keeping this forum going,
● Brian Lord for sharing his journey through broadcasting with the world,
● Mike Cleaver for his fine interviews with some top-flight broadcasters,
● The many anonymous radio professionals here who have given their time and talents, on the air or behind the scenes, to make each listener's day better, and especially
● Those who were, unexpectedly and unjustly, shown the door over the last year. You know you'll find something better, if you haven't already,
● Jack Bennest for still being older than I am,
● Kat for being Kat.

All the best for 2011.

C. Arthur Machine.
cart_machine
Advanced Member

Postby jon » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:24 pm

Merry Christmas everyone!

Perhaps my best Christmas memory was my best line, on or off the air, delivered, as it was, on Christmas Day.

At CHQM in 1971-72, staff didn't have keys. It was a 24/7 live operation, so you rang the back door bell. No peep holes back then, so you didn't know who was going to be there, whether you were ringing or answering the ring. Mid-afternoon Christmas Day 1971, I was answering and it was Brad Keene at the door.

No "Merry Christmas" from Brad. Only words from his lips were "Where's the turkey?". Me: "You're lookin' at him".
jon
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:09 pm

bah humbug :yahoo:
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby johnsykes » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:17 pm

I'm not grumbling Cartie......for some years now, people are afraid to say Merry Christmas for fear of offending someone. Out here in AbbotsFORD, the strangest thing has happened this Christmas......considering there so many of them....east Indians are doing their part....wishing their customers a Merry Christmas. And I congratulate them for that. So why are we so-called white Canadians so afraid? Our neighbourhood high school, for example, has a sign outside the building...Happy Holidays. Word is the school was instructed to put it that way. Hells bells, we have a guy in our building from Iran.....he wished us a merry Christmas today. We thanked him for that.....and responded with....The Best of the season to you. I do not appreciate politically correctness and all its trappings. Those so-called p.c. police are totally unnecessary. So, again, I say to you all...feliz Navidad.....joyeux Noël......Fröhliches Weihnachten..........חג מולד שמח

J.S.

:merryx:
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Postby Paul P » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:57 pm

johnsykes wrote:Out here in AbbotsFORD, the strangest thing has happened this Christmas......considering there so many of them....east Indians are doing their part....wishing their customers a Merry Christmas.

How do you know "them" are East Indians? Could they be Pakistanis? Afghans?
Don't call a Pakistani an East Indian.. it's kinda like calling a Canadian, an American.
Or are you just lumping everyone together as you and your 'so-called white Canadian' friends do?
Why wouldn't they wish you a Merry Christmas? I've never known anyone who was afraid to say Merry Christmas. But if you're looking for something, I'm sure you'll find it if you look long and hard enough.
One of these times when you say you're leaving the board, you will.
Being nice is my resolve - in 2012
Paul P
Advanced Member

Postby johnsykes » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:27 pm

I just did, as I hit the submit button.
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Next

Return to Welcome to RadioWest.ca