Monday's featured Happy Birthday - radiofan

Re: Monday's featured Happy Birthday - radiofan

Postby drmusic » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:58 pm

All the best! :occasion4:
drmusic
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:47 pm

Thanks to everyone for the Birthday greetings wishes etc.

I skipped on Denny's but did go to Vera's for my free Birthday Burger .. (go to http://www.verasburgershack.com and join their mailing list .. you'll get a coupon for $10 that is good on your Birthday!)

And thanks to Steve for the Birthday lunch on Friday at FIVE GUYS BURGERS and FRIES in South Surrey!

My 3 fave burgers spots are now Five Guys, Vera's and Splitz on Main Street.

Thanks again everyone!
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:01 pm

and I ate the Ted cake :oops:
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby kat » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:54 pm

Jack Bennest wrote:and I ate the Ted cake :oops:

Bad doggie!

Happy Birthday Radiofan. Hope you had a great day.

Lunch at Five Guys with Steve? Where was my invite? I got hooked on Five Guys down in Bellingham and damn near had kittens when I saw one was opening 3 blocks from home.

We're there at least 3 times a week.

:cat2:
The world has two kinds of people. Cat people and idiots.
kat
Advanced Member

Postby jon » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:02 am

"For some reason", this song kept popping into my head yesterday:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j03RWXoGoYU

One of the few child stars, most notably as co-star on Rifleman, who has done well as an adult, currently with his own Big Band.

This 1962 song, of course, is not Big Band. Nor is it Rock and Roll. It failed to make the Adult Contemporary charts of the time. But it was a genuine Top 40 hit. Peaking at #3 on CFUN, #5 on WLS, #14 on CHUM, and #8 on Billboard's Hot 100.
jon
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:28 am

It's funny, but I don't think I have ever heard a Johnny Crawford song on an Oldies station anywhere.

The other artist who had a lot of charted songs that I've never heard played as oldies is Ronnie Dove. He had a bunch of charted songs (notice I didn't call them hits) from 64 thru 68. I don't recall hearing
any of them other than maybe "Right or Wrong" played as current hits, and absolutely none of them ever played as oldies.

I'm sure there are many others that were quickly forgotten.
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby jon » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:16 am

Even Sirius/XM seems to be that way. I've never heard Johnny Crawford on 60s on 6. But he is played fairly regularly on 50s on 5 which, despite its name, goes up to 1963.

Off topic, but a nice new feature of 50s on 5 is playing both sides of "the 45". Great stuff is heard. I had completely forgotten that "Candy Man" was the B side of "Cryin'" by Roy Orbison.
jon
Advanced Member

Postby groundwave » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:28 pm

radiofan wrote:It's funny, but I don't think I have ever heard a Johnny Crawford song on an Oldies station anywhere.

The other artist who had a lot of charted songs that I've never heard played as oldies is Ronnie Dove. He had a bunch of charted songs (notice I didn't call them hits) from 64 thru 68. I don't recall hearing
any of them other than maybe "Right or Wrong" played as current hits, and absolutely none of them ever played as oldies.

I'm sure there are many others that were quickly forgotten.

Now here's a strange coincidence... For some unfathomable reason, a Ronnie dove song was stuck in my head for awhile earlier today. It was "Got a little bit of heaven (In this lonley world)." I agree about with radiofan about Dove's songs being virtually absent from today's "oldies" airplay.

And lastly, but certainly not least happy birthday to one and the same radiofan! :partyguy:
groundwave
Advanced Member

Previous

Return to Welcome to RadioWest.ca