Sounds page update

A radio site without audio is like a TV station with no pictures.

Postby radiofan » Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:53 pm

The "Sounds" page has been update and reorganized.

There's also some NEW ADDITIONS!

There is now a Commercials and PSA's section... cArtie will be delighted to be able to listen to a Patsy Gallant RADIO SHACK jingle and Top Dog will be able to sing the praises of A&W!

Also added is The C-FUN Good Guys 1961 "Hit Record" THE CORRUPTIBLES.

The next addition to this section will be a tough one...will it be Frosty's FUJIKANI THE WARRIOR or LATROMOTION by Fred Latremouille??

Speaking of jocks and songs ... does anybody have a copy of "GRUBBY THURSDAY" by Froyed?? [Froyed was the dynamic duo of Fred Latremouille and Roy Hennessy] ... Also on the want list is ..VANCOUVER CREEP by Roy Hennessy .. his 1965 answer song to Roger Miller's KANSAS CITY STAR.

Enjoy the additions... lots more to come!

RadioWest Airchecks, Jingles and More!
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby jon » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:06 pm

All I can remember was Fred's Reader's Digest style thin flexible 45 where he sang "Slippin' and Slidin'". It was delivered to every household in greater Vancouver around 1964.

Here in Edmonton, everyone is looking for Barry Boyd 45's, since they actually got formal distribution on record labels.
jon
Advanced Member

Postby albertaboy4life » Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:01 pm

Red Robinson played Latrimotion today on his Sunday afternoon show on 650 C-ISL. Part of a northwest passage show featuring the music and artists of the pacific northwest.
Faster cars, younger women, older cheese, more money . . .
albertaboy4life
Advanced Member

Postby Donovan » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:23 pm

Didn't Red himself have a record? I seem to recall him once long ago referring to a song called "Gee I Rock", but never heard it on his show.
Donovan

Postby radiofan » Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:44 pm

I recall someone once mentioning a record that Red did, but have never heard it or seen a copy of it.
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:53 pm

Red Robinson replies:

I did record a song called G.I. Rock back in 1960 but it was never released. Just before I went into the U.S. Army I sent the tape to Dave McCormick who played it and charted it at CFUN for one week. As there were no records to buy it quickly disappeared from the charts. The B side was "Be My Girl"
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:43 pm

and Dave McCormick says:

Hmmmm...that was 46 years ago! I vaguely remember playing it - but I thought it
was on a 45 (vinyl) pressed on Seattle-record-mogul-jerry-dennon's JERDEN label !!

See if Red remembers IF it was on JERDEN, and WHEN in 1960 he sent it to us - i.e. prior to his u.s. army induction, and I'll look it up in my old charts, and trace its 'hit' progress -

Glad you're really concerned with the important issues in life, jack!
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Return to This week's feature aircheck(s)