No More Neil in Fort Mac

Radio news from Alberta

No More Neil in Fort Mac

Postby former tv guy » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:52 am

From Canadian Press...

Neil Young can keep on talking in the free world, but Fort McMurray won't be listening.

A local rock radio station has stopped playing the Canuck singer's music after he compared the northern Alberta oilsands city to Hiroshima after the atomic bomb.

On-air personality Chris Byrne at Rock 97.9 started out with one No-Neil day but then decided the ban should be extended indefinitely.

Young is an opponent of the Keystone X-L Pipeline, which would carry Alberta oilsands bitumen to refineries on the Texas gulf coast.
former tv guy
Advanced Member

Re: No More Neil in Fort Mac

Postby radiofan » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:09 am

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Re: No More Neil in Fort Mac

Postby SteveLegault » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:23 pm

What a great website

Best radio station website I think I've ever seen

And besides, even though it was my own fault, cause I didn't pay close enough attention, was super disappointed last time he was in Wpg. I should have realized that Neil with Crazyhorse meant seeing a garage band try to get as much feedback out of their amps as possible.

I paid 550 bucks for the wife and I to walk out halfway thru. No classic Neil at all except for 2 mins of Needle and the Damage Done
SteveLegault
Advanced Member

Return to Alberta