Predict the Cruz Edmonton Morning Show

Radio news from Alberta

Predict the Cruz Edmonton Morning Show

Postby jon » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:43 pm

Now that speculation on Lite-95.7's fate has pretty much narrowed down to a JOE-FM-like Cruz-FM, the guessing game turns to the Morning Show.

Even after eliminating the folks who have formally retired from the business, that still leaves a large number who have done AM Drive in Edmonton in the past, and could be drawn back into getting up very early in the morning five days a week.

Of course, Harvard could "take the easy way out" and simply move the Saskatoon Cruz-FM morning team -- Joel Jeffrey and Stacie Cooper -- to Edmonton. Based on the bizarre setup with the Lite morning team doing voice tracked afternoons in Saskatoon at one point, one might even think that Harvard would consider simulcasting Joel and Stacie's morning show on both stations. That, of course, is an even biggest recipe for disaster than CBC-TV's Alberta-wide Supper Hour News was in the 1990s.

Though I'm not sure his current status, my personal preference for Cruz mornings from amongst the former AM Drive DJs of Edmonton would be Gary James. He has a nice combo of personality and musical knowledge. Like Audie Lynds, Gary had been a Corus/Moffat "lifer" until relatively recently.

What's your prediction? I've avoided the "Dream Team" approach, but it would also be fun to read your Fantasy Radio preference.
jon
Advanced Member

Re: Predict the Cruz Edmonton Morning Show

Postby firstimecaller » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:46 pm

Gary James has filled in on the morning show with Ryanne Bradley before I think. He has morning experience and is also part of the ex Corus circle so they would all know each other.
firstimecaller

Re: Predict the Cruz Edmonton Morning Show

Postby jon » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:26 am

It sounds like it will be Monday before we know, as Cruz is still jockless at this point.

Gary James is still the odds-on favourite for Morning Drive. Either alone or teamed up with someone as yet unknown.

Anyone got any other thoughts, rumours, suggestions?

Trivia note: if he had started today, he would be playing Joe Jackson - Is She Really Going Out With Him? as his first song of the morning at 6am. Not a bad way to start a morning.
jon
Advanced Member

Return to Alberta