vote for Dave!

Radio news from Alberta

vote for Dave!

Postby Stn Brk » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:46 pm

Alberta Premier Alison Redford has resigned.

Let me be the first to suggest the Conservative Party needs a new face as leader - someone from outside the party. Someone who knows the political scene inside and out and has wide popular appeal.

Dave Rutherford!!!
Stn Brk
Advanced Member

Re: vote for Dave!

Postby jon » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:00 pm

To quote Alf: "Interesting Concept!"

I think it likely that the job will go to a PC MLA, possibly even Dave Hancock who will be sitting in the chair on Monday.

In theory, whoever gets the job could be there for another three years before having to wage an election.
jon
Advanced Member

Postby rtirdnewsguy » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:22 pm

Knowing Dave like I do - I would look for him to be a Wildrose candidate in the next provincial election which may be about 6 months away. I am hoping he runs in my riding - where he lives !!
rtirdnewsguy
Advanced Member

Postby jon » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:36 pm

Latest from the Odds Makers is that one of the Alberta Harper MPs is the most likely. Favourites are the females because of a perceived need due to the Wildrose leader being female.

If she hadn't messed up so badly in the last election, in terms of decision-making, I would given the best Odds to the Wildrose leader as the new PC Premier in some sort of merger of the two parties. Then again, political memories are so short these days, it may yet happen.
jon
Advanced Member

Return to Alberta