New Morning Show at 95.7 CRUZ FM

Radio news from Alberta

New Morning Show at 95.7 CRUZ FM

Postby radiofan » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:05 pm

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Re: New Morning Show at 95.7 CRUZ FM

Postby Rocky » Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:29 pm

It's about time this 95.7 spot on the Edmonton dial had some success. It's almost like it's jinxed (kind of like 104.9 in Vancouver).

Harvard is due for a success story in the City Of Champions.

I hope Nicola contines as the evening Weatherperson on Global Edmonton.

With no history of having worked together, they won't have to rely on 20 year old rerun bits like Rob and Audie.
Rocky
Advanced Member

Postby groundskeeper willy » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:20 pm

I must call Harvard Edmonton first thing Monday to inquire the name of their exclamation mark bulk supplier.
groundskeeper willy
Advanced Member

Postby 45 RPM » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:01 pm

groundskeeper willy wrote:I must call Harvard Edmonton first thing Monday to inquire the name of their exclamation mark bulk supplier.

Perhaps it's Elton, Mr. CFAY. He's usually quite generous with them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
45 RPM
Advanced Member

Postby Muzik » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:51 pm

Great talent and an excellent addition to Cruz Edmonton.
Muzik
Advanced Member

Postby jon » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:45 pm

From Nicola's Facebook page:

Hi everyone! I have an announcement!

After almost a decade at Global Edmonton as the Chief Meteorologist here, I have tendered my resignation. My last day is Wednesday, March 25th,

This decision is a big one and was not made hastily. It has been part of a long process for me and my family in what I call my “life renovation”. Some things just weren’t working anymore and needed an overhaul. I have loved my job at Global and have appreciated greatly everything that a career in television has helped me to achieve. I have been honoured to work with some amazing charities and community groups, and hopefully at times, I've made a difference. That has been my passion! I can honestly say that I gave Global Edmonton, and the sometimes horrific weather here, my heart and soul.

But it’s time for a change.

My girls are both almost teenagers now…(time flies…they were both in diapers when I started at the station…) and they need a Mom who’s home after school and dinner time. My oldest is 12 and in junior high. Her sister, 11, will join her in September. As a single parent, I simply need to be home with them more. Their childhood is flying by, and I don't want to miss the rest!

So, I've found something new and challenging that I'm thrilled to tell you about:

I’m so excited and grateful that I have a new opportunity at CRUZ FM 95.7 in Edmonton to launch a brand new Morning Show. “Crosbie and Cross on Cruz..” I think is our new show name. We start in mid-May (and yes…I will have to get up really early!!). But I’m thrilled to work with Lochlin Cross, my co-host. He’s hilarious, talented and super experienced in radio. We will be sharing stories, playing some awesome music, talking trends, water-cooler stuff and connecting with listeners. Can’t wait!

I will be announcing this on air at Global the week of March 16th. But I wanted to give you the heads up now.

I'm keeping my Facebook Page! So I hope you'll still be my friend smile emoticon and stay tuned as I'll be posting more stuff in the coming weeks!

Kind regards,
Nicola
jon
Advanced Member

Postby mccrady » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:29 pm

groundskeeper willy wrote:I must call Harvard Edmonton first thing Monday to inquire the name of their exclamation mark bulk supplier.

While you're at it, you might also ask where they get their spell-checker. In the context they used it in their release, I'm pretty sure "flare" should have been spelled "flair".

So call me a nit-picker. Or an editor. Everybody needs one. :violent1:
mccrady
Advanced Member

Postby groundskeeper willy » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:58 am

mccrady wrote: I'm pretty sure "flare" should have been spelled "flair"

Hey, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, I guess there's always the possibility that Nicola will be using her own personal supply of road flares to light the studio. Perhaps that's one of the key reasons why she was hired, her presence will help to save Harvard countless dollars on their monthly electrical bill.

I do hope they have windows in the studio though, prolonged exposure to the smoke coming off of road flares can be rather damaging to the lungs, it'd be horrible if something happened to Lochlin's powerful voice due to Nicola's flare.
groundskeeper willy
Advanced Member

Return to Alberta