Buzz Bishop and Heather Prosak to Mornings on XL103.1

Radio news from Alberta

Buzz Bishop and Heather Prosak to Mornings on XL103.1

Postby jon » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:52 am

From this morning's Broadcast Dialogue:

Don Stevens and Joanne Johnson’s last day on-air at XL103.1 (CFXL-FM) Calgary is fast-approaching. After 25 years together, their last morning show with Jamie “the Coach” Herbison will air on Dec. 8. Coach will stay on, joined by current XL103.1 midday host Buzz Bishop and former Wild 95.3 (CHPK-FM) Calgary, BOB-FM (CFWM-FM) Winnipeg personality Heather Prosak in a new format.
jon
Advanced Member

Re: Buzz Bishop and Heather Prosak to Mornings on XL103.1

Postby jon » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:55 am

jon wrote:Listening to Rob Christie this morning, one promo mentioned that the Christmas music ends on Christmas Day, and its back to format for Boxing Day and beyond.

Can't be sure but think it was Buzz Bishop that Rob was "using" as a side-kick at 8:30 this morning. Buzz has his own show from 9am-2pm on Capital FM.

Shane Michaels, Karl Douglas, Matt Storey and Jake Taylor round out the on-air personnel roster, though I cannot swear that the latter two are live and local. Shane and Karl are definitely here in Edmonton.

Obviously, it wasn't Buzz kibitzing with Rob that I heard. I hadn't realized that he was doing mid-days on Calgary's XL103.1 as well.

As mentioned elsewhere, Buzz moves into Mornings at XL103.1 with the upcoming retirement of Don Stevens.
jon
Advanced Member

Postby cammy85 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:06 pm

jon wrote:From this morning's Broadcast Dialogue:

Don Stevens and Joanne Johnson’s last day on-air at XL103.1 (CFXL-FM) Calgary is fast-approaching. After 25 years together, their last morning show with Jamie “the Coach” Herbison will air on Dec. 8. Coach will stay on, joined by current XL103.1 midday host Buzz Bishop and former Wild 95.3 (CHPK-FM) Calgary, BOB-FM (CFWM-FM) Winnipeg personality Heather Prosak in a new format.

I can't believe I'm just seeing this now!! I was wondering where Heather went!!! I remember Buzz Bishop too. They will make a great team!!
cammy85

Postby cammy85 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:20 pm

Oh crud, I knew that too!!! Christmas planning got the better of me, oops!! :)
cammy85

Postby groundwave » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:02 pm

On December 22, Buzz tweeted that his on-air presence on Capital FM Edmonton will be coming to an end. As far as I've been able to tell this was a combination of (occasional) live in-studio and more frequently, voice-tracked inserts from his base in at XL Calgary. In spite of that, he's still listed on the Capital FM web-site's 'announcers' page as of this posting.

Dear #yeg thanks for having me on your radios the past 15 mos. It's been a pleasure being on Capital FM, but this weekend is my last. Focusing in on shows in #yyc and #yvr. Merry Christmas! :)

https://twitter.com/buzzbishop/status/944235168843173888

http://www.capital963.com/announcers/
groundwave
Advanced Member

Postby groundwave » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:15 pm

In spite of that, he's still listed on the Capital FM web-site's 'announcers' page as of this posting.

That was yesterday ...The list has been updated today and he's gonzo.
groundwave
Advanced Member

Return to Alberta