Shaw to Shaw is Free

News, discussion and questions about technology and computers, whether broadcast-related or not.

Shaw to Shaw is Free

Postby jon » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:37 pm

I just discovered a few minutes ago that, even on their cheapest home phone plans, Shaw does not charge for long distance calls between Shaw (home phone) customers. Only exception is Hamilton, Ontario, for some reason.

I started looking for my parents as Shaw is offering a $100 pre-paid Visa card for switching. I've had Shaw phone since ADT (security company) finally certified it as OK to use with their alarm system.
jon
Advanced Member

Re: Shaw to Shaw is Free

Postby Tape Splicer » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:22 pm

Jon; The SHAW to SHAW calling with home phone is not bad at all. What would be nice though is if SHAW's caller ID (or is that call waiting?) had the Audible feature that Telus has - not just the beep when you are on the phone that indicates a call coming in but a voice saying who is calling - Telus charges a couple of dollars for that service.
The basic phone with 4 cents a minute long distance is cheep for those calls that are outside the shaw network. SHAW's directory assistance is not as up-to-date as Telus' directory assistance is. So using the Telus web directory is a good idea.
Tape Splicer
Advanced Member

Return to Computer & Technology News