'The Vintage Tape Machine" (Free Demo) - CDSoundMaster

News, discussion and questions about technology and computers, whether broadcast-related or not.

'The Vintage Tape Machine" (Free Demo) - CDSoundMaster

Postby Tape Splicer » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:31 pm

...Always on the look for interesting software that might be "broadcast" related I've come across this item. ( "VTM-M2" The Vintage Tape Machine) that looks interesting. I think I'll check it out..... more later.

The following is from their FAQ page.

What is the "VTM-M2"?

The VTM-M2 is a plug-in that reproduces the unique character of reel to reel tape machines for use on all aspects of recording, mixing, and mastering. It can be used on every track of a multi-track project, on a single instance of a final mix or master, on group buss duties, and any combination of the above. (there is much more text explaining the software).

Here is a link to the site: (FAQ Page).

http://www.cdsoundmaster.com/site/cds-s ... 2-faq.html
Tape Splicer
Advanced Member

Re: 'The Vintage Tape Machine" (Free Demo) - CDSoundMaster

Postby Tape Splicer » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:02 pm

I'll have to leave it to some one else to check this our as I managed to "lock" myself out of the demo and the program won't let me back into it.
Tape Splicer
Advanced Member

Re: 'The Vintage Tape Machine" (Free Demo) - CDSoundMaster

Postby freqfreak2 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:39 am

Tape Splicer wrote:... as I managed to "lock" myself out ...

I had an Ampex AG-440 do that to me once when the end of tape lever got stuck during rewind. Bits of tape everywhere. Found pieces weeks later. Made a neat sound, though. I also seem to recall a smell associated with the mess.
freqfreak2
Advanced Member

Return to Computer & Technology News