Your Facebook timeline -Tell your life story .....

News, discussion and questions about technology and computers, whether broadcast-related or not.

Your Facebook timeline -Tell your life story .....

Postby Tape Splicer » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:37 pm

Our son who uses social media told me of this facebook profiling item. so I opened their log in page and saw that there was the title "Your facebook timeline" plus a video screen with the following statement: "Tell your life story with a new kind of profile." there was also a "learn more" quick link ...
In my humble opinion it's just another way for facebook to mine all mannor of information from their unsuspecting subscribers (and maybe some folks who should know better than to give oute private information). I think I'll stay as far away from that stuff as I can. I am still for all intents and purposes a "ludite (reformed, I don't smash things, I try to ignore them as much as possible).
Tape Splicer
Advanced Member

Re: Your Facebook timeline -Tell your life story .....

Postby hagopian » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:25 pm

Like more and more folks, I dropped Facebook.
This is a sleazy way to strip mine data - and with the number of miscreants lurking - no thanks.
Waste of time.
hagopian
Advanced Member

Re: Your Facebook timeline -Tell your life story .....

Postby Jack Bennest » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:38 pm

FB is what you make it - if you are stupid enough to supply the info - why blame anyone other than yourself.

Timeline is not something I am going to adapt to easily - I usually post old school pictures and nothing much modern.

I don't give birthdates or other info and resist most games.

FaceBook can be useful as a tool and can be a lot of fun. As for twitter - may you tweet yourself to death.

Ted can tell you I have a lot of fun on facebook with a gaggle of old bags from my school days. It's fun.
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Return to Computer & Technology News