BCom expands into B.C.

News, discussion and questions about technology and computers, whether broadcast-related or not.

Postby jon » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:58 pm

One note to Lower Mainland dwellers. As I was researching outrageous cable prices earlier this afternoon, I discovered that BCom has opened a store in Richmond.

Not everything is cheap there, and their techs do make the occasional mistake (their favourite is to try and upgrade (unlike) memory instead of replacing it all), but highly recommended as a place to check out.

Even my friend who always bought computer parts wholesale has switched to BCom because of their instant no-charge warranty replacement approach (DOA only, for things that don't work when you take them home, not 9 months later). They have, however, gone to a 25% restocking charge, so be sure you bought the right item and you actually want it. http://www.bcom.ab.ca has their catalogue, with prices, but a few products listed are not in stock in some or all of their stores. Their on-line store is new, has been trouble-prone and, last time I checked, the shipping costs were outrageous.
jon
Advanced Member

Return to Computer & Technology News