YouTube Has Amazing #@!!

News, discussion and questions about technology and computers, whether broadcast-related or not.

YouTube Has Amazing #@!!

Postby Neumann Sennheiser » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:14 pm

October 18, 1976; I was new to the evening show on CFRW by about six weeks, so being the "new guy", I was the one obligated to stay behind and keep the plant operating while most of the rest of the staff attended The Who concert that night at Winnipeg Arena.
Somehow, I knew I was missing what might be a last great opportunity to see The Who live and in their prime, but there was nothing to be done about it.
J'regret.
So today I'm surfing around on YouTube, and what do I find?
Someone has posted a bootleg audio-only from that very night; The Who, "Won't Get Fooled Again".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzudN_XhP98
Scary! It's now come to the place where things in my life that I missed are documented on the internet.
"You don't know man! I was in radio man! I've seen things you wouldn't believe!"
Neumann Sennheiser
Advanced Member

Re: YouTube Has Amazing #@!!

Postby Mike Cleaver » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:48 pm

I've been finding some CHUM related videos and others of co-workers and competitors on YouTube.
There's one I haven't found and it may no longer exist anywhere.
In the mid '70s, I did a segment for a film being done by the CAB designed to attract youngsters into the industry.
It was shot in the 1050 CHUM newsroom.
I got to see it once, after it was edited and put out for distribution.
As I have mentioned before, almost all my memorabilia, tapes, memos, advertising bits, pictures, etc. disappeared in my last move to Vancouver.
I've been trying to regain as much as I can and thanks to this site and others, I have managed to get some of the material that was lost.
I do a YouTube search every other week for radio stuff and have found some amazing clips of legendary performers.
It's too bad the 60's and 70's didn't have the advantages of recording audio and video we have today, unless you brought in a camera crew or someone had a film camera.
Mike Cleaver Broadcast Services
Engineering, News, Voice work and Consulting
Vancouver, BC, Canada

54 years experience at some of Canada's Premier Broadcasting Stations
Mike Cleaver
Advanced Member

Return to Computer & Technology News