Shaw HD Spokane Replaces Seattle Tomorrow

News from the world of Television

Shaw HD Spokane Replaces Seattle Tomorrow

Postby jon » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:01 pm

Beginning tomorrow, July 14, (some areas up to a week later), Northern Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and Eastern B.C. Shaw customers will see their HD channels suddenly change from Seattle to Spokane.
As of July 14, 2011, to comply with regulatory requirements, Shaw will adjust the HD US Network feeds of the below channels to correspond with the channels found in your time zone - Shaw

The areas in B.C. in the Mountain time zone, like Cranbrook, will lose Seattle channels for Spokane, but Pacific time zone areas like Dawson Creek will do the opposite: Seattle channels will be replaced with Spokane.

But, wait a minute! Spokane is in the Pacific time zone, not the Mountain time zone. So, what is the point? I've always said Edmonton should get Denver stations, but that's just me.

Be sure to check out your own area on this page:
http://shaw.ca/Bulletins/

A friend's sharp eye took a look at Flin Flon, Thompson and The Pas in Manitoba to discover that they are switching from their SD channels from Spokane to Seattle, except PBS, which will be Detroit! They will continue to get a full set of HD channels from both Seattle and Detroit
jon
Advanced Member

Re: Shaw HD Spokane Replaces Seattle Tomorrow

Postby jon » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:10 pm

As for my Denver question, I just discovered that the CRTC defines what U.S. TV channels can be carried. And only allows one Denver station, KWGN, which is affiliated with the barely known CW Network, a joint venture between CBS and Warner Brothers.
jon
Advanced Member

Postby drmusic » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:16 pm

jon wrote:As for my Denver question, I just discovered that the CRTC defines what U.S. TV channels can be carried. And only allows one Denver station, KWGN, which is affiliated with the barely known CW Network, a joint venture between CBS and Warner Brothers.

"Barely known"? Uh, Smallville? One Tree Hill? 90210? WGN, KTLA, and WPIX are all affiliates, and all carried on Canadian cable.
drmusic
Advanced Member

Postby Russ_Byth » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:02 pm

drmusic wrote:
jon wrote:As for my Denver question, I just discovered that the CRTC defines what U.S. TV channels can be carried. And only allows one Denver station, KWGN, which is affiliated with the barely known CW Network, a joint venture between CBS and Warner Brothers.

"Barely known"? Uh, Smallville? One Tree Hill? 90210? WGN, KTLA, and WPIX are all affiliates, and all carried on Canadian cable.

You'll have to excuse Jon. It's a network for young people. ;-)
Russ_Byth
Advanced Member

Postby drmusic » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:04 pm

Forgive me. I was being a bit ageist, wasn't I? ;)
drmusic
Advanced Member

Return to On the small screen