Shaw Pulls Corus Morning Shows from Community Channel

News from the world of Television

Shaw Pulls Corus Morning Shows from Community Channel

Postby jon » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:12 pm

As of this morning, the Corus Morning Shows are gone from the Shaw Community Channels. The change was officially announced in a Press Release for Vancouver, where CKNW was aired, including live video of the on-air personalities. And a quick check in Edmonton this morning had the usual Shaw "News Package" was being aired instead of Bruce Bowie on CHED.

The Shaw "News Package" is repeated frequently and consists of infomercial style features on local businesses interrupted by real commercials for the same companies.
jon
Advanced Member

Re: Shaw Pulls Corus Morning Shows from Community Channel

Postby CKNF » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:18 pm

Same thing in Calgary, but it was announced on the CHQR morning show sometime last week that this change was coming. As much of a shame this seems to be, I was never able to actually catch the simulcast on TV simply because I don't have channel 10 television in my car and on my days off and I was never at home just sitting in front of the TV watching. The times I did catch it were when I was at home sick. This may just be a case of a service that many like me were just not utilizing. Perhaps they should just try streaming it over the web, or not do anything but air it on the station of origin?
CKNF
Advanced Member

Re: Shaw Pulls Corus Morning Shows from Community Channel

Postby jon » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:30 pm

The video made a nice supplement to airchecks, such as Gord Whitehead's last show on CHED a year ago.

Not sure how it was packaged elsewhere, but in Edmonton you actually got two pictures, CHED studios on the left and rotating through City traffic cameras on the right. Weather and such ran across the bottom.
jon
Advanced Member

Return to On the small screen