Sun News Network: the Birthday Nobody Noticed

News from the world of Television

Sun News Network: the Birthday Nobody Noticed

Postby slowhand » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:08 pm

8 days ago, Sun News Network didn't even bother to celebrate its first birthday. Few people even remember their name. A year ago, Fox News North was considered an insult. Today, Fox would probably sue you if you said it because Sun TV has definitely failed even to reach that relatively low bar.

Can't see the money being spent on this lasting much longer. If Sun management doesn't walk away from this mess pretty quick, some of their ranks will be collecting EI.

:occasion4:
slowhand
Advanced Member

Re: Sun News Network: the Birthday Nobody Noticed

Postby pave » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:20 am

Indeed, The Sun News Net needs to get more of their act together. I hope they do so as I am convinced they are a necessary component in the overall News/Commentary landscape.

Plus, they weren't thrown any bones here in the GTA when they were kicked from cable channel 15 to channel 142. (Only one of our TVs has access to the full digital spread and it's the one in our bedroom. This is great for late-night viewing but useless around the living room and studio.)
pave
Advanced Member

Postby Dan Sys » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:57 am

From what I've been reading only 0.1 percent of Canadian viewers seem to think that they are a "necessary component". Some of these die hards just never give up spewing out the verbal diarrhea.
Dan Sys
Advanced Member

Postby hagopian » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:19 pm

Nobody is watching, in herds.
hagopian
Advanced Member

Postby freqfreak2 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:47 pm

To misquote Yogi Berra, "It's so popular that nobody watches it anymore."
freqfreak2
Advanced Member

Postby pave » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:06 pm

Let me, then, rephrase: Theirs is a position that needs to be exposed and considered. Maybe they are not the one's to be doing it. But then, I can't imagine who else might. I will admit that some their rantings, particularly those of the evangelical Catholic, Michael Coren, give me a rash. Even so, what he has to say needs to be heard.
pave
Advanced Member

Postby Doug » Fri May 11, 2012 7:58 pm

I'm turned off by all cable news channels, CBC News Network especially of late and particularly the "amateur hours" on the weekends (Christine Birak rubs me the wrong way!) and also CTV News Channel (again, can't stand Jennifer Ward, Scott Laurie, Dan Matheson, Amanda Blitz and that white-haired guy!) and Sun News Network. They're all a bunch of "talking heads".

The only "news" channels I enjoy watching of late are BNN and CNBC, although MSNBC is proving themselves to be pretty decent and I especially like "Morning Joe" and "Way Too Early". Unfortunately, at 2:30 am and 3:00 am respectively, it really is way too early to watch them!

The only decent news program I really enjoy these days is PBS' Frontline.

Cheers,
Doug
Doug
Advanced Member

Return to On the small screen