T.J. Holmes, former CNN anchor, pulled over in Atlanta

News from the world of Television

T.J. Holmes, former CNN anchor, pulled over in Atlanta

Postby jon » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:15 am

T.J. Holmes, former CNN anchor, pulled over in Atlanta, tweets: ‘Driving while black ain't no joke'
The officer, says Holmes, wanted to make sure he ‘had insurance on the car.’
By Christine Roberts / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Monday, July 30, 2012, 6:28 PM

Former CNN anchor T.J. Holmes was pulled over a mile away from his Atlanta home Monday morning and quickly took to Twitter to document the entire ordeal.

The television personality tweeted a picture of a cop car in his side mirror with the caption "Driving while black ain't no joke."

Holmes did not mention that one of the officers who pulled him over was black.

The 34-year-old did say, however, that one of the officers, though he did not specify which, struggled to give an explanation for why he was pulled over.

"This is a damn shame. Officer is literally stumbling over his words trying to explain why he stopped me," Holmes tweeted.

Holmes returned to the micro-blogging site minutes later, telling his nearly 50,000 followers that the officer said he "wanted to make sure [Holmes] had insurance on the car."

"I kid you not," Holmes added.

With the experience behind him, Holmes jokingly said that he "managed to avoid jail time," but also added that the experienced has "soured" him on Atlanta police.

"Still pissed beyond words right now," Holmes concluded. "But Lord knows I'm not the only this will happen to today."

Holmes, who left CNN in December 2011, will launch his new show, "Don't Sleep!" on BET this October.

The show will feature "smart, biting social commentary on significant issues important to African Americans" that "mainstream media tends to disregard," according to BET.

ref. - http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.1125160
jon
Advanced Member

Return to On the small screen