Wayne's replacement revealed

News from the world of Television

Wayne's replacement revealed

Postby radiofan » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:51 pm

Not that it's any great surprise ...

Found on twitter on Friday and forwarded to share

Chris Gailus ‏@chrisgailus
We have a very cool surprise for Wayne on the News Hour tonight. Also, I look forward to working with total pro @KGordonGlobalBC daily!
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Re: Wayne's replacement revealed

Postby hagopian » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:30 pm

Ms. Gordon deserves the shot - she is a great talent - and if you get a chance to meet her, you will be impressed.

Congratulations to a classy woman.
hagopian
Advanced Member

Postby flyonthewall » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:00 am

Couldn't help but notice that my evil and stupid twin is trying to stir up controversy elsewhere.
For the record, the News Hour weather has always been 3 minutes long. Everything else has been extensively covered elsewhere.
flyonthewall
Advanced Member

Postby czarcasm » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:42 am

Thanks for the clarification fly.

Kristi is not a reason to stay tuned to Global. The quality of The News Hour has done nothing but go downhill in recent months. In addition to all the technical glitches and general sloppiness, Wayne's leaving
is the last straw for me. Satellite Debris, Mike McCardle, weekend airborne traffic reports that are nothing more than a glorified events calendar are so yesterday. I've moved onto CBC's Evening News with
Tony Parsons and Gloria Macarenko. In the weather department, Johanna Wagstaffe and fill in Amy Bell are miles ahead of what Global now has to offer.

Let's not forget, Global's first choice for Wayne's replacement was Mark Madryga who turned down the offer. He'd rather do his morning shift (and CKNW weather and commercial endorsemenmts) than be at
the station until midnight (away from his family) doing continuous weather updates for the soon the be launched Global News BC 1 plus the regular Global casts.

All the best to Wayne and his freelance biz. Nice to see someone in the biz do things on their terms.
czarcasm
Advanced Member

Return to On the small screen