CBC Vancouver TV local news

News from the world of Television

CBC Vancouver TV local news

Postby xwdcatvb » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:24 pm

I notice that the 5-6 pm block for Tues 15 July on CBC-TV Vancouver was a local presentation, but really a relay of CBC News Network originating on Hamilton Street... so no local news... and the presentation in hyped style.

6 pm was Macarenko with the strangest lead story... about HMCS Whitehorse crew shenanigans in San Diego, though that's buried on the CBC BC news website... plus a later story about a dude in Maple Ridge who has lost his mobility scooter and is sort of house-bound even though he walked into his home with a shiney SUV sitting in his driveway!

I take it the second-largest English-language market has been reduced to 30 mins of fluff, er, local news, from Mother Corp?

At least we were spared RF's murderous presentation.
xwdcatvb
Advanced Member

Re: CBC Vancouver TV local news

Postby Doug » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:34 pm

What do you mean by "a relay of the (broadcast) originating on Hamilton Street"? Do you mean CBC News Vancouver is airing the first half of CBC News Network's "News Now" 5 pm broadcast with Ian Hanomansingh? Not surprising, that's been rumoured. However, they're in the same building as CBC News Vancouver so no idea what you meant by the street name.

Another thing, is it just me or does CBC News Vancouver back to a really cheap looking studio consisting of a monitor with the anchor standing next to it? It seems "News Now" has taken over the main anchor desk with the newsroom backdrop. Kinda sucks since they originally had to wait years for a new studio when they did the big rebuild. They finally get it and a few years later, they're back to a crappy studio again.

Cheers,
Doug
Doug
Advanced Member

Return to On the small screen