Ross is complaining again

News from the world of Television

Postby Jack Bennest » Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:06 pm

Olympic gold-medal snowboarder Ross Rebagliati is complaining that a new television drama series based in B.C. portrays him in a distasteful way, and he's asking for compensation, the show's producer says.

Whistler is produced by Toronto-based Blueprint Entertainment and Vancouver-based Boardwatch Productions.

Sam Feldman of Boardwatch says the company received a letter from Rebagliati's lawyer a few weeks ago, saying that a character on the show looked similar to the 1998 Olympic gold medallist.

The CTV show features a young blond snowboarder with a red hoodie who's a hard-partying ladies' man and who wins an Olympic gold medal ? and then ends up dead.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/...rebagliati.html
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby tuned » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:33 am

Chill Ross. Just roll another fatty and fuhgedaboudit.
tuned
Advanced Member

Postby PMC » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:28 pm

Along time ago there was a radio newsman in Trail, who moved to Vancouver to work radio news, and during his lunch hour, he would rob banks.

One day he was caught, arrested, went to jail, got a day pass or two, and then ran off to Australia, without finishing his term in the crowbar hotel.

Some will know his name because I can't remember it at this moment.

If they made a movie or tv show of this, would all radio newsmen see themselves in this movie ?
PMC

Postby butch » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:43 pm

PMC - love to have a name to search

pretty please
butch
Advanced Member

Postby PMC » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:32 pm

Ogopogo wrote: PMC - love to have a name to search

pretty please

Seriously can not remember his name... someone working in Vancouver radio news in the mid-late 60's might remember his name. I remember the details because of a discussion along time ago, on tracing where some people moved to, and this fellow had surprised many with his sideline... all of whom wished him good luck because he had made himself a better person from the experience.... he got a degree while being jailed... and if I recall correctly, he departed for Australia from the port of Seattle with a Canadian passport. He had some help, and again if I recall correctly, it was a long time girlfriend.

Perhaps one of the newshounds from the 60's will respond, and then you can find out more.

The analogy came to me, because tv/movie shows rarely have disclaimers in them. It is generally assumed that what is on tv/movies is fiction unless otherwise stated. The same logic applies to some of the videos on the internet, there can be an existing video in which someone could look similar to another person, performing some act, and denial can occur and be very accurate in that denial.
PMC

Postby johnsykes » Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:27 pm

This guy is a turkey....and if the newspapers waste time on him any more, I'm going to barf. He was in a sport that is not exactly mainline....sniff, sniff.....puff, puff. I'd suggest he go and take a long jump off a short pier. He's not exactly my idea of a idol for youngsters interested in the sport.
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Return to On the small screen