Lawond gone from CBC

News from the world of Television

Postby tuned » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:18 pm

The chickens have come home to roost on the CBC hatchet job of Harper on the National. Not only has the CBC apologized on the air but now the reporter, Christina Lawand has left the mother corp. They claim she decided to take some time off to raise her kid. Yeah right.
Here's an article on the whole mess...it was written before Lawand got the boot.
http://www.canadafreepress.com/2006/media082406.htm
tuned
Advanced Member

Postby Cliff Bashly Kinkade » Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:37 pm

Hey Tuned, you may want to check this report. I'm pretty certain that I saw Christina at a scrum in Ottawa yesterday. Couldn't confirm the mic flash, so she may have been freelancing.
nudeswithviews.com / where right is never wrong
Cliff Bashly Kinkade
Advanced Member

Postby XFM » Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:50 pm

Quid pro quo.

Belinda has been freelancing in the sports department.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
XFM
Advanced Member

Postby Cliff Bashly Kinkade » Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:06 pm

How funny is that? From Peter to Tie what a bad grrl!
Cliff Bashly Kinkade
Advanced Member

Postby XFM » Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:09 pm

From the distaff side, it makes no sense either as I would much rather have a Peter than a Tie.

I think if they ever do a live action remake of "Shrek", they should cast Tie as the title role. Belinda could be Princess Fiona, but her ugliness only comes out when she crosses the floor. As she moves to that great Donna Summer favourite "She Works Hard for Her Money."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
XFM
Advanced Member

Postby Cliff Bashly Kinkade » Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:20 pm

XFM wrote: From the distaff side, it makes no sense either as I would much rather have a Peter than a Tie.

I'd expect nothing less from an uber haus frau like yourself - FFS you probably dig smooth jazz too.
Cliff Bashly Kinkade
Advanced Member

Return to On the small screen