Beach Boys to reunite

Anything to do with the world of music...old or new

Beach Boys to reunite

Postby radiofan » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:20 am

Beach Boys Will Reunite

Decades after family feuds, substance abuse and mental illness broke them up, the founding members of the Beach Boys announced on their website Friday that they'll reunite to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the group.

Surviving original members Brian Wilson, Al Jardine and Mike Love -- founding members Dennis Wilson and Carl Wilson passed away in 1983 and 1998 respectively -- are going to be joined by early '60s band members Bruce Johnston and David Marks on a new album and a 50-date tour.

"This anniversary is special to me because I miss the boys and it will be a thrill for me to make a new record and be onstage with them again," Wilson, 69, said.

Wilson has appeared with the band sporadically since the mid-'60s, when anxiety forced him to stop performing full-time.

The band will begin the tour in April by headlining the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival. The as-yet-untitled album is set for release later in 2012.

http://www.freep.com/article/20111217/E ... NTPAGE%7Cp
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Return to Music Notes